President blames the "fake media" for Flynn's firing - Jake Tapper has a field day

I’m referring to something specific. I don’t mean that ‘Nazi’ is meaningless to me, or that it should be meaningless.

3 Likes

What a great piece – I knew I liked Jake Tapper. Hadn’t heard of that connection before. Thanks for the link.

1 Like

16 Likes

You’re HIRED!

2 Likes

Well, it’s basically classic narcissistic personality disorder. It’s not doublethink, it’s probably the most focused singlethink you’ve ever encountered.

9 Likes

The biggest. Yuge.

4 Likes

Yeah, we need a Daniel Ellsberg in the IRS right about now.

6 Likes

If the press or Obama can make him do stuff, how about they make him resign or at least drop his “plan” (IMO it hasn’t been developed far enough to be an actual plan) to build a useless wall along our border. Maybe they should make him spend the wall money fixing or replacing some of the nearly 56,000 structurally deficient bridges in the US instead.

6 Likes

I vote for fixing the broken dam in CA.

4 Likes

I was driving when the press conference was going on. It was too painful to listen too for more than a few seconds, but I kept turning it on and off. The closest analogy I can think of is a kid sticking her tongue on a 9 volt batter over and over. I am really disappointed in myself.

8 Likes

All I could think of when I watched the clips of the press conference was that Trump was channeling not just Spicer, but SNLs parody of Spicer; “Those are your words, you said them because I said them which made me say them. And that’s why I had to fire him, because of your lies.”

I half expected him to eat a handful of gum and ride out of the presser on his motorized podium…

10 Likes

Oh snap, now the guy Trump tapped to replace Flynn reportedly just turned the job down! This has got to be even more humiliating than when that Bruce Springsteen cover band backed out of the inauguration.

6 Likes

Obviously he has a sense of humour and wants Petraeus to get the job.

4 Likes

I think Trump has two sides of his psyche battling for control. It’s his narcissism vs. his full-on sociopathy.

3 Likes

I was driving on my way to get a tooth drilled, and got there early so I kept listening in the parking lot for a bit. Caught his nuclear annihilation rant, that was comforting. Yeah, getting the tooth drilled was MUCH more pleasant. Actually I love my dentist, we were laughing as he shot me full of novocaine, and I didn’t feel a single poke. He’s amazing.

7 Likes

Now that Harward dissed him my turning it down, Petraeus is the next most likely pick.

1 Like

Also known as “shooting the messenger”

1 Like

6 Likes

There’s no way Petraeus ever gets any kind of security clearance again.

3 Likes

Oh, you must have been asleep for the past few months. Guess what? This world you woke up in? Those types of “rules” don’t apply any more.

4 Likes