President Obama delivers eulogy for Charleston's Rev. Pinckney, slain in racist massacre

[Read the post]

I just watched Obama sing Amazing Grace, and I gotta say I enjoyed it tremendously. Confederate flag removed from state houses, gay folks can get married, Obamacare solidified by the Supremes, that’s not bad for a week in America.

7 Likes

about 1hr 22 mins in is beginning of Obama’s portion of the event

Legalise cannabis nationwide and Obama will immediately become best president ever.

1 Like

8 Likes

No that would be is Ted Cruz won as President.

1 Like

That is a superb (and disturbing) example of hyperbole. The opening of the Civil War? Gettysburg? Pearl Harbor? That’s just…pathetic, and doubly (ten-thousandly) so as it’s coming from a candidate for the presidency.

4 Likes

Thank Boing Boing and you, Xeni, for posting this whole link. @ 2015/06/26, 11:46 PM, the whole Pinckney memorial service is hard to find: there are so many cuts to Barack singing Amazing G. Again, thank you, because of this link I was able to watch the whole speech (w/o too much internet search time). Good speech!

1 Like

Here’s the 37-minute cut

2 Likes

FYI - not everyone thought it was a great moment, just another attempt to use blackness for political ends:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.