President spreads hate. Again

Wouldn’t be the first time.

1 Like

If only he had the ability to do something about it rather than just waggle his tiny finger. He’s only the President after all.

1 Like

Thanks.
I can live with willfully obtuse if it helps move the conversation away from “where they are really from.”

And yeah, I get the point you are making, just am wary of language that can suggest some Americans have less claim to the name than others.

Yup, that’s a good one. [ETA: But maybe not comparable to what @anon61833566 was suggesting - or maybe it is: All politicians feel free to pick on brown people] I still think it is different to attack specific members of congress, but demonizing a whole group is more harmful.

2 Likes

But recognize the dog whistle. He’s using racist rhetoric to extrapolate from specific targets to entire demographics.

12 Likes

Does that mean you can send him back to Germany? Or would his collection of documented hate speech make him ineligible?

4 Likes

Here is the thing…not all politicians pick on brown people; but its not a kawinky-dink that those that do are mainly right wing conservatives.

Also…I am ABSOLUTELY ok with saying, suggesting, stating SOME Americans HAVE LESS CLAIM to being American. I think the issue is…it is NOT immigrants or brown skinned peoples…it is absolutely white bred middle America GOD DAMN IGNORANT UNDER EDUCATED HICKS. They are not Americans. They have little idea what it means to be Americans, they have little regard to what it means to be an American. They have zero idea why immigrants should be embraced not shunned.

They are through and through the worst of America. They (generally speaking) identify as: Christian, good morals, family values, pro constitution people. Yet they support the exact opposite of ALL of those things.

Edit: Note, caps and such is for emphasis, not yelling at you whatsoever.

3 Likes

I think this is one case where empathy is more important than education.

9 Likes

From a political standpoint, it was an unwise decision on her part; even if many of the people she was referring to do seem to actively try to embody that negative description.

6 Likes
12 Likes

I am no fan of CNN’s glad-handing bullshit, but it’s kind of great to see them not pulling any punches with this so far.

20 Likes

Sigh. How come the people ranting about political correctness never use this as an example. “We’re so PC now, we can’t even say that racists are deplorable.”

7 Likes

Have the Scots put him in the stocks?

1 Like

Sigh all you like.

I’m not one of those people clutching my nonexistent pearls over statements like “Impeach the muthafucka!” or those dubious ‘allies’ who seem so very “concerned” about Nazis getting punched in their hateful faces.

However, that doesn’t mean I’m not aware that politics, as they currently exist in the US, are intensely focused on optics and convincing enough of the masses that they should vote for you.

Insulting people and going for the lowest bar only ‘worked’ for 45 because he had a shit-ton of help from Russia, the electoral college, gerrymandering efforts and establishment dems stabbing one another in the back.

11 Likes

Oh yeah, I wasn’t accusing you of anything, and I know you are right. But we’ve got all these people on the right wing complaining that they aren’t allowed to be racist, sexist assholes, usually while being racist sexist assholes, and not recognizing that they are protected from being called racist sexist assholes.

Edited to add: Impeach the muthafucka!

7 Likes

Well we can’t very well expect fantastically privileged rich white men to do anything to address the problems in that community when working class women of color are available to take the blame.

11 Likes

I will repeat my plans for where Trump’s next home will be

It’s in the parish next to the one where his mother was born, but it’s 230 miles away from the nearest human.

13 Likes

Perfect! How do we get this ball rolling?? :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I know the Right has twisted the entire concept of political correctness past any meaning but in this case it is fair. It’s not “politically correct” to assume an entire group of people are racist assholes as much as we would like to think it’s true. Trying to out-Trump Trump was a mistake and she paid the price for it when it got co-opted into a source of pride by his supporters. She fucked up there. Even if it is mostly true.

2 Likes

All Trump supporters are either

1. Actively racist, or
  2. Enablers and apologists for racism

There is no third category.

16 Likes

“I voted for trump because I hated hillary so much! Not because I’m a racist or misogynist or stupid!”

“So you’re saying racism and misogyny and being stupid is better than hillary as president.”

15 Likes