President tweets something dumb again, slurs 'three lowlife reporters' at Washington Post

And now that I am back here in the topic with a real keyboard. Butter tarts proper have raisins and the innards are much less viscus than pecan pie so they can be a bit messier.

That said both are damn tasty sugar bombs and pair well with whisky. I need to use much willpower now that I live in the land of butter tarts and have 2 quite nice bakeries in walking distance.

5 Likes

Mwhahahaha…

4 Likes

And the cornish pasties don’t help either though those are marginally healthier.

5 Likes

I hope Ms.Tobin warned you that you are stepping into a major Canadian controversy. Fortunately, you have come down on the right side, and as a newly-minted Canadian your opinion carries more weight than that of someone living in oh, let’s say Chicago, for example.

4 Likes

Raisins are awesome. Doubly so with all that extra sugar and butter.

2 Likes

Someone who is living in Chicago but had a pure laine grandmother…just saying! :wink:

5 Likes

I would start with A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, myself - Oh!

FTFY

4 Likes

They do, it’s just in their best interest to feign ignorance. because by the law they are hosed.

4 Likes
4 Likes

I will happily defer to her (and your, I presume) recipe for tarte au sucre.

3 Likes

They do. They know that they can lie all they want as politicians. It would be interesting to get them under oath and then have them go through their claims again.

“Senator Graham, first let me remind you that you are under oath. Second, you have a law degree from the University of South Carolina, correct?”

“Yes”

“And you are still a member in good standing of the South Carolina Bar Association, correct?”

“Yes”

"As both a lawyer and a politician, are you familiar with Federal Election laws? Specifically, The Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971?

“Yes, I am familiar with that Act.”

“Do you know the value limit for illegal contributions that differentiate civil and criminal violations of the Act?”

“Yes. $25,000.”

“What value would you place on a foreign head of state going on CNN and announcing a corruption investigation on your political opponent in a campaign? More or less than $25,000?”

“more”

“Could you speak up, Senator?”

“More than $25,000.”

“So when you said on Nov. 5, 2019 that President Trump ‘did nothing wrong,’ were you intentionally misrepresenting the law?”

“yes”

“Could you speak up, Senator Graham?”

“Yes.”

10 Likes

7 Likes

It’s a good line of questioning, but every question must end with “yes or no answer, please” or “answer more or less, please”, etc. Otherwise Graham will try to weasel out of every single one.

6 Likes

Oh, sure. There would have to be a LOT more detail in order to adequately corner any of them into either admitting that they lied about the law or purjuring themselves. I just didn’t want to post a huge wall’O’text (any more than I already did!).

4 Likes

So, is a turnover also a pie? What about Jamaican beef patties? Empanadas?

Cube Rule or gtfo

2 Likes

That’s hilarious. Thank you.

Better than a soup sandwich.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.