President tweets something dumb again, slurs 'three lowlife reporters' at Washington Post

That must be the Dump’s version of an Oxford comma.

1 Like

Mini pecan pies are called ‘butter tarts’ where I come from:)

3 Likes

mince-and-cheese or steak-and-cheese, or GTFO.

5 Likes

Canadian butter tarts? I’ve never seen them with pecans!

4 Likes

Me too, only more often with walnuts and/or raisins* than pecans.

*You heard me. :wink:

4 Likes

Maybe you’d be better off starting with some of Joyce’s earlier works like Dubliners or start at the beginning with his poetry collection Chamber Music which allegedly is named after the sound of urine tinkling in a chamber p— Hey, wait a minute!

4 Likes

It can happen, but purists would object.

1 Like

6 Likes

President tweets something dumb again

Must be Thursday.

1 Like

Debate me!

3 Likes

This shit just drives me crazy. I’m not a constitutional scholar but I have read it a few times. It’s not that long, and despite some archaic language it’s not even that hard to read.

As far as the cries of how illegal this all is, the constitution basically says in the event of an impeachment it’s up to the House to make up the rules on how to proceed.

And then for all the cries of “but the sixth amendment” it clearly states that it only applies to criminal proceedings. It’s right there in the first sentence. Impeachment is not a criminal process, it’s a political one.

So many people in congress are attorneys. You would think they actually should know a thing or or two about the law.

9 Likes

True. And now all my days start with “why?” too!

4 Likes

I think you just turned this into a Gettier problem for the GOP. There are so many of those these days.

You are all wrong and none of these things are pie. Cakes, flans, tarts, whatever, but a true pie is a pastry base and pastry top completely enclosing its contents, whether they be steak and kidney or blackberry and apple. You may call your tarts, flans or cakes ‘pies’ of course, much as we call a potato-topped pie a shepherd’s pie or cottage pie, depending on the meat below, but that does not MAKE them pies.
The full controversy can be properly understood by reading this article in full:

No doubt someone will be along shortly to split this thread so the important controversy can be debated without Trumpy distractions.

6 Likes

Oh, yeah?

Do it! PIE FIGHT!

5 Likes

Lattices? Did you READ the article?

O’Callaghan tells me that there’s never really been any serious debate about allowing in lattice tops, and I’m told by someone else involved in the awards that when the issue was raised a few years ago it was shouted down with cries of “we might as well let quiches in”.

7 Likes

My grandmother spent half her life bragging about the one confirmed miracle she ever performed: she fed an entire church social with a single key lime pie, and every last person there had as much as they could eat.

Turns out the sugar is a rather non-optional ingredient.

10 Likes

I read enough to realize that any definition that excludes the time-honoured cherry pie lattice is too prescriptivist for me.

I suppose you would also disallow a vent hole in the top crust. :roll_eyes:

Tch! Don’t be silly. Of course not. Duh!

Actually that is my favourite line from the whole article: “we might as well let quiches in!” :wink:

3 Likes