Press briefing of captured killer takes bizarre turn when reporter asks a "small man" question (video)

Originally published at: Press briefing of captured killer takes bizarre turn when reporter asks a "small man" question (video) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

It was a sight gag used in both the original “Our Gang”/Little Rascals series in 1936 as well as the 1994 Little Rascals movie.

But yeah, absolutely a boneheaded comment in a press conference about the capture of a violent felon. Good on the Lieutenant for not taking the bait.

10 Likes

Thank you @Brainspore! I will add this to the post.

10 Likes

Image of the “reporter”

VnNuLBaH-yUS2xc1tO-DtQBv8BpBkck8rBmtSApGXS4

4 Likes

“Follow up question: Was there any danger of him painting himself in a camouflage pattern rendering him near invisible, similar to Predator technology, that could only be seen using heat vision, also from before mentioned Predator technology?”

9 Likes
12 Likes

“Can you imagine this body in a swimsuit?” / “I literally cannot.”

One of the funniest lines from the run of the show.

Other variations on the gag:

muppet-man

9 Likes

Be not afraid! I am just like you!

6 Likes

Did we all go through the looking glass during COVID? Lol

1 Like

I’m guessing in a few days we’ll hear “I snuck into the prisoner escape press conference and asked this wild question!” from some random online prankster.

5 Likes

An Egyptologist on tumblr [whose username includes an expletive which many find offensive, but is in common use in Australia (which is where she’s from) and Scotland ferinstance, hence my reblog of her orig post is linked] periodically posts collections of the Seriously Weird Shit™ she encounters during her studies, which she hilariously and often nsfw-ly describes. The linked post is an example, and among the oddities featured is what she called
3 SNAKES IN A TRENCHCOAT

It’s curious that she didn’t mention the WITH A KNIFE part. tophat-shrug

She’d gone back to that post a couple times, adding more bizarrerie. She also included a screengrab of another’s reblog and their tags, along with some kindly encouragement:
Be The Three Snakes

Since first seeing that post, whenever the two-to-three kids in a trenchcoat trope appears, I invariably think of SCTMU’s 3 Snakes in a Trenchcoat. With A Knife.
tophat-biggrin

6 Likes

Are they sure it wasn’t a big bug in a skin suit?

images

4 Likes

You call THAT a knife!?

1 Like

LOLZ

Seeing as it’s about as long as the 3 Snakes’ in a Trenchcoat entire torso area, I’d say yeah. Yeah, that’s a knife, Mate. A big fucking knife tophat-biggrin

4 Likes

I wish that “reporter” worked for me so I could fire them for being so stupid.

1 Like

https://archive.ph/u1XFn

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.