"Pretty famous" rapper gets McDonald's meal named after him

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/11/pretty-famous-rapper-gets.html

3 Likes

Isn’t that something you’d want to avoid, because than means it’s less sprite?

7 Likes

Not the only merch he has coming out

1 Like

I get that they want to tap into his marketability, but I would think McDonalds would be wary of closely tying their name to a single person. It worked well enough for Subway, until it stopped working in dramatic fashion.

2 Likes

I mean 12.3 million people watched his concert in Fortnite.

3 Likes

A limited time promotion isn’t exactly the same as tying your name to a spokesperson.

3 Likes

Can I Biggie size that?

9 Likes

Saw that ad last night and felt immediately old because I had no clue…

6 Likes

Aww, the CNN described "upsettingly realistic chicken nugget body pillow that’ll run you $90” is sold out already.

I’d skip the Sprite, since I prefer Ice-T.

8 Likes

Animated by Robot Chicken! I love ads animated by Robot Chicken!

Still not gonna buy it, though.

2 Likes

Was it? When I saw it last night I was like, - That HAS to be Robot Chicken who did that, right?

2 Likes

I love all kinds of music including rap/hip-hop and its subgenres, but I am completely unimpressed with Mr. Scott.

No hooks. Lazy beats. Mundane lyrics. How is he a successful “artist”?!

“Less Sprite” sounds like a benefit to me.

Anyway, this guy should be more proud of the fact that he seems to have his own action figure, which is way cooler.

Lemme know when they have a KRS-ONE meal.

" A vegetarian, no goat or ham
Or chicken or turkey or hamburger
'Cause to me that’s suicide, self-murder."

3 Likes

Best consult your Doctor first.

9 Likes

Why, in my day rappers had sensible names like Spoonie Gee, Egyptian Lover, and Lady Tigra. Who would want to listen to someone named Travis Scott?

4 Likes

But this deal gives you more Ice Cubes

7 Likes

It’s gotta be; the action figure animation, paper cut-out mouth, and the dancing with the french fry scream robot chicken.

1 Like

Ah ha! “Tell 'em Cactus Jack sent you.” I heard “Tell 'em Captain Jack sent you.” I was wondering why he mentioned the late 90’s Europop singer and sometime Doctor Who companion.

I believe the answer to your question was discussed here:

1 Like