Prince Harry says he warned Jack Dorsey on Jan 5th that folks were staging a coup on Twitter

Originally published at: Prince Harry says he warned Jack Dorsey on Jan 5th that folks were staging a coup on Twitter | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I’m sure the feckless Dorsey gets tired of typing out “freeze peach, man” again and again, even to his celebrity buddies.

13 Likes

prince-harry-oh-dear

7 Likes

Because if you think a coup is happening you call the CEO of a business?

Although I guess in Trump’s government it’s not clear who you would call.

26 Likes

I’m sure Harry’s dad is very proud.

4 Likes

I do not know what to do with the following pieces of information:

• Prince Harry and Jack Dorsey are buddies on casual, “just shoot me an email” terms
  • Prince Harry was actively monitoring Twitter for signs of insurrection in the US
  • Prince Harry decided not to do anything about it until January 5th
  • Prince Harry thought that shooting an email to his buddy Jack Dorsey the day before would have a meaningful effect

(This all seems totally plausible, right?)

24 Likes

Hereditary Kardashian gets ghosted.

3 Likes

Royals apparently have an ancestral spider-sense regarding insurrection.

40 Likes

This would make a good supermarket tabloid article if the Overton window wasn’t so far to the right that it teeters precariously over the edge of Galt’s Gulch.

7 Likes

It’s Prince Harry’s job to root out terrorism and a possible insurrection? He’s not even an American citizen, so why is it on HIM to do that?

I find it unsurprising that he runs in the same circles as Dorsey, especially now since he’s consulting with tech companies on mental health and social media.

I don’t know… doesn’t seem like Harry is the bad guy here…

20 Likes

I mean, I don’t think he’s being a bad guy or anything, just… the whole thing is weird. What is this timeline even?

12 Likes

I guess. I don’t find it unsurprising at all, though.

The stupid timeline. I thought we’d fully established this.

20 Likes

I know, I know, but it just keeps getting stupider.

19 Likes

I know. It does.

11 Likes

I don’t get the impression that Harry believes he was alone in seeing the warning signs of the insurrection or communicating their concerns to Dorsey.

12 Likes

Fair enough. I certainly didn’t think of emailing Jack Dorsey, but of course I’m not email buddies with him.

5 Likes

George Carlin may have summed it up best: “It’s a big club, and you ain’t in it.”

11 Likes

“That email was sent the day before and then it happened and I haven’t heard from him since.”

Dude, you ain’t Bros no more.

8 Likes

There’s a whole parallel Internet for wealthy and famous people, an extension of their exclusive meatspace social circles and circuits. It’s very unlikely that you or I will be granted access to apps like Raya or get the personal e-mail addresses or mobile numbers of Prince Harry because apparently we’d never be able to understand their concerns and priorities.

3 Likes

I think the point isn’t that Harry discovered something no one else had and tried to stop it.

But that what was going on was so obvious that anyone could notice and people were warning guys like Dorsey.

We’ve got wide reporting, testimony, and documentation that authorities were both aware and concerned. But those that cared to do anything about it were left without resources or direction. In several cases called off or told to ignore.

This was not a surprise.

Hell news outlets were reporting the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers were moving weapons to the DC area in the lead up.

12 Likes