Twitter temporarily suspends Alex Jones

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/15/twitter-temporarily-suspends-a.html

9 Likes

Too little too late, Jack. Perhaps you need a stronger push from your “it’s all about the growth” shareholders.

Today or Thursday, once he realises this isn’t going away, the next step will be a “sorry not sorry, mistakes were made” statement of (non-)apology. When the decativation numbers start ramping up, maybe a full ban of Jones on Friday.

15 Likes

2yMVoOH

10 Likes

I gave up on Twitter a long time ago because it was just so toxic. I finally just deleted a lingering account. The signal to noise ratio is not good, and they have this horrible track record on helping people getting dumped on by these jerks.

10 Likes

I wonder what changed Jacks’s mind?

Monthly investor conference call?

8 Likes

Nice to see Rob turn up his photo editing skills on this particular post, it’s almost nightmarish enough… though Alex Jones IRL is much worse looking.

6 Likes

Those poor gay frogs…

3 Likes

When you’re right, you’re right!

4 Likes

Truly horrifying.

3 Likes

I was eating breakfast when I came across the image @beschizza posted and the one that @FGD135 posted.

A LITTLE WARNING PEOPLE GOES A LONG WAY!!!

I just wasted 3/4 of my eggs. hurp

6 Likes

Dr-Kelso-image-dr-kelso-36401486-250-230

12 Likes

I wonder how Jack Dorsey felt about Jones’ shout out:

6 Likes

Oh god, it’s still being discussed? Can humanity no longer just flush a toilet without standing around discussing and/or nibbling its contents for several months first?

7 Likes

I am Jack’s False Concern…

12 Likes

having called upon his supporters to arm themselves with “battle rifles.”

What an idiot. Everyone knows bird shot is what you should use.

4 Likes

The weird thing is, while Jones has a big audience, they’re not that big. It’s not like dumping him is going to have a big impact on Twitter’s bottom line.

7 Likes

Is this weird terminology employed to avoid validating pro-gun-control folks use of “assault rifle?” which Jones et. al. claim are not a thing?

7 Likes

Another example of why we can’t have nice things.

1 Like

It’s for hunting rodents and home defense! Sometimes i use it as a paper weight, door stop or back scratcher.

3 Likes

The toilet is broken, and no one with the power to fix it wants to do so as they are scared that they will lose the people who like having the smell of shit everywhere.

11 Likes