Prince Philip's will to be kept secret for 90 years

Did he get them from the Queen Mother?

7 Likes

Off with his head.

1 Like

I now have visions of the Queen Mum and a group of flunkies doing the duck walk from the “One Step Beyond” video.

5 Likes

Who DOESN’T love ska, tho…

9 Likes

The last will and testament of Queen Elizabeth’s consort, Philip, will be kept secret for 90 years to protect her “dignity and standing”.

They just want to do what they can to make sure she’s dead by the time the will is unveiled.
They were originally going for two hundred years, just to be safe.

1 Like

If you believe the crown, (and, in some ways, they are an important part of all this legal miasma), prince philip entered the marriage with very little money.

I think that’s debatable. I mean, in practice, yes, they do get government money. But they get it because their ancestors turned over many of their previously privately held assets, and because they gave up most of the rights and incomes they’d previously earned by literally owning the entire country (in return, they get some money and don’t have to personally fund the government). I don’t think it would be unreasonable to view that money they get as kind of like rental income on property they lease to the government?

As archaic as it might be to have a royal family at all, it brings up all kinds of interesting questions. Like, the Queen doesn’t have a passport and holds no citizenship, because she’s the one technically granting those to everyone else.

Are you deliberately arguing against the royals here? Cause that’s sure how it reads to me.

Not at all! I have no interest in the matter whatsoever. I just find weird legal quirks and historical strangeness very entertaining.

1 Like

GODAMNIT!!!

Again, people… Use your powers for good not evil!

Now, I’ve got to figure out how to get that image out of my brain…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.