Pro-Trump Mesa County clerk convicted of tampering with voting machines

Originally published at: Pro-Trump official convicted of tampering with voting machines

12 Likes

Just the usual projection, felonious, idiotic doings by felonious assholes.

23 Likes

Mesa County Colorado

13 Likes

I suspect that elections are run on a relative shoestring; and probably a fair amount of trust outside the especially high-profile multi-party scrutiny scenes; but even trying to have the cameras turned off seems like something that should be intrinsically suspicious; especially for a room that’s either single-purpose or still currently in election mode rather than doing whatever it does in the off season.

Probably not the really relevant part of the story; since building robust resistance to insiders is crushingly expensive and complex, and the odds that the demographics of a given location that gives you a malicious County clerk might also give you an allied malicious facilities guy who can provide a power fault when required or IT person who can deliver a network outage as needed would mean that you’d really have to go paranoid for architecture to do the work; but it’s the bit that had me specifically twitching.

There’s a reason why things like audit logs that administrators can turn on, but cannot disable, are a feature you pay extra for in some areas.

14 Likes

Hiding behind MyPillow Guy didn’t help.

17 Likes

As usual with Republicans, every accusation is a confession.

23 Likes

I think you need to highlight Colorado more.

Fine.

615uMM9d0OL.SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2

12 Likes

The only thing missing from her arrest were shouts of, “Don’t you know who I am!?”

14 Likes

Boebert’s old district if that helps put the area into context.

17 Likes

Hmmm… Something about a fool and his money…

9 Likes

I’d love to know how Mike Pillow even has the cash to cover her legal expenses. Isn’t he being sued into subatomic oblivion himself?

16 Likes

Well, now it doesn’t seem like she needs to worry about this election anymore. Though the Colorado Secretary of State’s FAQ doesn’t quite cover this case, where the potential voter has been convicted of a felony but has not yet been sentenced.

• She’s not serving the sentence yet so Q1 doesn’t apply
  • She is not on parole so Q2 doesn’t apply
  • She is not awaiting trial so Q3 doesn’t apply
  • She has been convicted so Q4 doesn’t apply

But as a non-lawyer IMO I believe the intent is that conviction disqualifies her for voting in the 2024 Presidential election. [That might not stop her from doing so if she hasn’t been sentenced before Election Day, or from trying to vote regardless and tacking on another felony charge as per Q13.]

8 Likes

Wows, she seems half-way competent. That’s kinda scary. I am glad they caught her.

5 Likes

Where’s Topol to sing the old song yet again: “Projectionnnn… Projection!”

8 Likes

classic movies musicals GIF

7 Likes

Cheatin’ lyin’ MAGA? Here’s my shocked face: :neutral_face:

I’m absolutely beside myself with shocked.

8 Likes

Next with Kyle Clark on Colorado’s 9News is fantastic. Mr Clark and Co pull no punches, and also poke fun at those whose actions so richly deserve it.

Here’s a link to a tina peters search of their vids:

Thus beginneth the description on an 11-day-old vid re: ms peters’ many wrongdoings:

“One of Colorado’s most prominent election-rigging conspiracy theorists admitted to sneaking someone into her office’s voting system.”

As you see, pulled punch-free.

8 Likes

fixed it for you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

7 Likes