MAGA-loving County Clerk in Colorado has no fun being arrested at a bagel shop

Originally published at: MAGA-loving County Clerk in Colorado has no fun being arrested at a bagel shop | Boing Boing

9 Likes

And the charges for resisting arrest and assault of a public servant? Police tack that on every POC arrest they possibly can and this white lady’s behavior is much worse

68 Likes

She seems nice.

18 Likes

Is it me or did nobody else in the video seem to care about her arrest?

18 Likes

At one point she tried to horse kick one of the officers.

Ineffectual & improperly deployed [horse kick]. In my expert opinion.

17 Likes

“At no time was force used on Ms. Peters or her home. Ms. Peters was allowed to move around her home and fix herself breakfast while agents gathered items before departing,” Rubinstein and Weiser said.

aidy bryant snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

47 Likes

Quite a lady i must say

11 Likes

The loud shouts of “stop resisting” you usually hear from cops when they’re arresting a BIPOC or progressive protestor are conspicuously missing.

Yes, in the same way that BoingBoing uses “gentleman”.

36 Likes

already under investigation for allegedly tampering with voting equipment,

Finally, evidence of election tampering Trump was complaining about. Oh… wait…

37 Likes

Aside from they fact they didn’t knock her to the ground when she attempted to kick them ( the caucasity of it all), that was…DELICIOUS!!! :joy: :joy: :joy: OMG, MAGA tears are best tears.

16 Likes

She also wasn’t slammed into the ground while in handcuffs, which is another startling departure from standard police practices.

16 Likes

Exactly :slight_smile:

Think I See You GIF by BrownSugarApp

21 Likes

The iPad, the most clandestine of recording devices. Really clever.

17 Likes

a news camera would’ve been just as subtle

GIF by KARE 11

12 Likes

21 Likes

Came here to say this.

And that.

15 Likes

That’s it idiots… Keep throwing your lives away for t%$&p. He’ll sit there on his fat butt until enough of his ants have drown in the moat to build a bridge then he’ll carelessly walk over their lifeless corpses.

17 Likes

I’m amused by the County Clerk being arrested for recording a trial, where the defendant is the deputy County Clerk… The one person who actually think rules should be followed (mostly, anyway- Screw that “black socks only” part of the dress code) must be developing an impressive ulcer.

8 Likes

Apparently, there is little these fools will do to flaunt the rule of law and then claim they are victims…

#NeverVoteRepublican
#TaxTheRich #TaxTheChurches
#EndTheFilibusterNOW
#ReformSCOTUSNow

12 Likes

Satisfying!

Now I’d like to see the video made outside the shop by the person using her phone.

Is that a reporter, or ?

5 Likes