Another dumb gun-totin' campaign ad came in handy for a Big Lyin' GOP lawmaker

Originally published at: Another dumb gun-totin' campaign ad came in handy for a Big Lyin' GOP lawmaker | Boing Boing

8 Likes

One of the craziest parts of the GOP war with Dominion Voting Systems is that the counties that had those machines were statistically more likely to vote for Trump that the counties that didn’t, so if they invalidated all the votes from places that used their machines then Biden’s margin of victory would have been even higher.

34 Likes
  1. By labeling this printer/copier “Dominion”, he just invited a lawsuit.

2. Office Space did a better printer destruction scene.

24 Likes

But wait! There’s more!

At the Colorado GOP’s state assembly, which took place in the Broadmoor World Arena in Colorado Springs, the loudest cheer of the day was reserved for Tina Peters, the Mesa County clerk and recorder and secretary of state candidate who’s become a superstar in the wing of the GOP that believes the election was stolen.

Peters, who faces seven felony charges related to a security breach at her offices last summer that led to sensitive data being leaked to a QAnon influencer, received 60 percent of votes from the 3,749 GOP assembly delegates present, according to CPR News. That means her name will be among those on the Republican primary ballot for secretary of state on June 28, alongside Mike O’Donnell and Pam Anderson.

12 Likes

I’m Ron Hanks, Douche Canoe GQP/KKKpublican Extraordinaire.

10 Likes

“That man killed a poor, unarmed. . . (looks closer). . . photocopier.”

6 Likes

“If Ron Hanks can’t tell the difference between a voting machine and a photocopier, are you really sure he’s competent to represent Colorado in the Senate?”

18 Likes

“And a wimp too! We on the left prefer to kill our office equipment up close and personal, not from 1/2 mile away with a high-powered rifle!”

ofcspace

14 Likes

A symphony in beige.

I’ve never actually seen him eat a dog.

9 Likes

Hey, look, you can’t fault the man for looking after his own safely; photocopier toner is dangerous stuff.

6 Likes

C’mon people of Colorado, you can do better than this.

Apparently not.

Chalk up another one for Idiocracy.

7 Likes

So, can Dominion sue him for defamation, like they’re suing Fox News and Rudy Giuliani?

5 Likes

Blowing up voting machines is exactly what these people want to do.

6 Likes

And yet…there’s even MORE!!!

State Rep. Ron Hanks was speaking on the House floor Thursday about legislation aimed at strengthening civics education. He was accidentally introduced as fellow Rep. Mike Lynch.

Being called Mr. Lynch might be a good thing for what I’m about to say. No, just kidding,” Hanks said.

Hanks, who is white, then spoke about the Three-Fifths Compromise, which was made during the nation’s Constitutional Convention in 1787 and classified a slave as three-fifths of a person when apportioning taxes and states’ representation in Congress.

“It was not impugning anybody’s humanity,” Hanks said. “Is this really racist to be talking about what the Three-Fifths Compromise was? I don’t think so, and I think it’s important. It’s part of the civics lesson here. It was brought up, and it merits discussion.”

10 Likes

Probably not (or rather, not successfully) because unlike Giuliani, Fox News, the MyPillow guy etc. this ad doesn’t seem to be making any specific and false statements of fact against Dominion Voting Systems. It’s just the usual pile of stupid-but-vague claims that Republicans use to rile up their base.

6 Likes

Welcome to Colorado State House of Representatives District 60 - 84% white with a 25% college graduation rate. Population 80,000 (not including cows or horses). Home to South Park, Colorado.

Here is a typical District 60 voter:

7 Likes

He knows, because he attended the FRAUDIT?

3 Likes

Where are those people, with far too much tannerite, when they’re needed?

1 Like

I dunno, Ron. Weren’t the culprits in those instances of voter fraud you speak of Republican?

8 Likes

Inconvenient facts!

3 Likes