Profanity Prohibited by Community Guidelines [NSFW]

My favourite is this article about clbuttic bluegrbutt music and its buttociation with Kentucky, the bluegrbutt state.

20 Likes

Thank you, I just laughed so hard I nearly choked on my peanut basster sandwich.

17 Likes

Sure, but shits and fucks would be obscenity rather than profanity. Damns are swears.

Noooo, to profane something is a technical term, it doesn’t have anything to do with what people consider “appropriate”. People often lump together unrelated categories of heavy words as if the categories had the same meaning - such as swears, profanity, and obscenity. For example, “oh, shit” might be obscene but it is not a swear, because a swear is a promise to do something, often a curse. Something like “a pox upon your village” or “damn you” is a swear.

The profane is the polar opposite of the sacred, to take something sacred and attempt to defile it or reduce its stature. So for most people sex or bodily functions would not apply. But something like “Chezus Kwyste on a wubba kwutch” would certainly qualify.

4 Likes

Obscenity is also forbidden.Buddha tittyfucking on a bike.

6 Likes

Fuckin’ A.

16 Likes

17 Likes

Oh my glob, what the cabbage is going on in this lumping thread?

16 Likes

13 Likes

I have no boiling clue, but I likes it!

5 Likes

Have you had it with these Monday Friday cusses on this monkey-loving thread?

19 Likes

No zarking way!

11 Likes

13 Likes

My first thought was; Oh, smeg. What the smegging smeg has @tinoesroho smegging done?

12 Likes

18 Likes

Watch yer language, you smurfin’ fool! Ya’ll be cussing up a blue streak!

12 Likes

This thread is so full of win :slight_smile:

IANAM (I Am Not All Mods), but generally I’m fine with profanity the same way the Authors do - if it’s to emphasize or add colour, great. If it’s used to attack others, or a slur? Nope.

Carry on!

26 Likes

Goodness gracious! What in tarnation possessed some poopyhead to come up with this darned rule? I say to H-E-double-hockeysticks with it. I mean, geez Louise, it’s like trying to learn a whole new flipping language, for Pete’s sake.

19 Likes

There are ways around censorious rules…

ETA:

14 Likes
7 Likes

See what happens, Larry? This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!

14 Likes