Profanity Prohibited by Community Guidelines [NSFW]

How I found the good music before the Internet.

7 Likes
7 Likes

Technically they don’t predate the Internet, but I know what you mean.

7 Likes

Straight Outta Compton, edited down to the profanity only. It’s 6 minutes long and surprisingly listenable…

15 Likes

12 Likes

Jesus fucking christ. Never had a problem with my use of motherfucking language here. Maybe because… 'Straya, cunts?

14 Likes

To clarify. Before I had personally had access which was around 89-90ish. My memory is a bit hazy. I spent some time on Compuserve and on local dial up BBS’s. I know at first getting to college it was all Gopher and Archie and FTP servers for mainly research. Then things started to open up and the web came along. But 84-88 I just went to the local cool record shop and bought stuff mostly based on the cover art. When the stickers showed up it was a nice help. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

He’s had a red flag on his forehead so long that it’s faded to orange.

10 Likes

I used obscenities very, very rarely until Nov 8, 2016 happened. After that, fuck it. Shit’s fucked up and bullshit.

23 Likes

Coincidentally, that’s around the same time I lost my job, was exiled from a forum that I administered for five goddamn years (because I offended the local right wing nutter) AND lost internet access. Fuck Trump.

8 Likes

When I see that logo, this song queues up in my head.

señores y señoras
nosotros tenemos más influencia con sus hijos que tu tiene
pero los queremos…

fairly on topic for the discussion, as well.

10 Likes

I worked in a record shop when that came out. I purchased one copy of each version of “ritual de lo habitual” with the censored, and uncensored covers.

9 Likes

I love that song, and Jane’s Addiction.

6 Likes

This is my new favorite song!

7 Likes

I wonder how many people didn’t notice what this version really said.

13 Likes
11 Likes

11 Likes

i’ve been told that in some countries calling a person a useless fucking cunt is considered rude, rather than a warm greeting only used between friends. fuck 'em if they can’t take a joke.

9 Likes

The Tipper Gore Seal of Disapproval appears on an astonishing number of CDs I purchased over the years.

8 Likes

The first CD I ever purchased had a recommendation in the liner notes that you cut out that warning and mail it to the RIAA with a letter telling them to fuck off with that nonsense. There was a dotted line around the warning on the cover.

16 Likes