Professional pillow fighting: the newest combat sport

How about hiding the sword in a baguette a la Paul the Samurai?

Of course, there is a real life example too:

5 Likes

cg49b17ba91fa010

1 Like

I do not see where the derision is coming from for this. Professional fighters are workers, who trade their labor for the means of survival (food, housing etc) the fact that they are attempting to create an alternative to hitting each other in potentially life threatening ways while still maintaining all the strategy and excitement of the genre is something that should be applauded and supported.

I’m serious. Plus pillow fighting is way more relateable than kickboxing, I can actually learn from the tactics employed here.

1 Like

I remember the brutal pillow fights on It’s A Knockout, back in the 1970’s. You’d get a couple of office workers on a greasy pole over a pool of freezing water. Things got really rough once someone had been knocked off the pole and in to the pool. They’d return to fray with a sodden, half frozen, pillow. Man, the past was a barbaric place.

3 Likes

Oh God, yes. This was all over the place… Jeux sans frontières.
But fun on a Sunday afternoon at a time when there were three or four TV channels.

3 Likes

People running, full pelt on a plastic sheet, with buckets of soapy water, and a bungee cable around their waist, attached to the starting line. Such slipping. Such slopping. Such sliding. Such pain and anguish. Happy memories.

3 Likes

Some eye protection wouldn’t go amiss here, methinks.

1 Like
  1. I went to a boarding school for high school that had three separate boys dorms. Once a year we would have a sanctioned pillow fight in the quad between the buildings. That all stopped one year when some guys put books in the bottom of their pillow cases and sent someone to the hospital with, luckily, temporary paralysis.

2. I hope my 13 and 10 year old boys do not see this video or hear about this ‘sport’.

1 Like

I know it’s not fair to judge the current cricket English team by Freddie’s standards, but they could do with someone who hits that well.

runs away

Luckily It’s a Knockout got a whole lot classier in the 80’s.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.