Propped up corpse of rapper Goonew presided over his own nightclub funeral

Originally published at: Propped up corpse of rapper Goonew presided over his own nightclub funeral | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I’m sure people have had stranger funerals. Probably should have talked to the venue first, but I don’t really see a problem with this if it’s what the family wanted.

Me, I’m hoping Maine gets around to passing a law allowing Viking funerals. There was some noise about it last year. That’s what I want.

11 Likes

my brother made me promise to give him a Viking funeral if he goes first. since he’s my younger brother i don’t want him to go before me, but i would find a way to carry out his wishes if he does.

6 Likes

This is not an uncommon sight at jazz funerals

I don’t judge the way that some folks mourn so long it’s done in an respectful manner. I just hope they would have been cool with stuff like that

16 Likes

The club is handling the investigation? They should be able to wrap this up in no time.

1 Like

When the Irish do it it’s called a “wake” and most people respect it as part of the culture, but when a rapper’s buddies do it people flip the heck out. Figures.

17 Likes

Racists be racisming…

7 Likes

If they didn’t close with Prop Me Up Beside the Jukebox, then what are they even doing?

3 Likes

He was the life of the party.

1 Like

Gonnew killed it that night

1 Like

That club is in a pretty sketch part of town. Carrying corpses probably go unnoticed for the most part.

(great movie, i recommend it)

Unfortunately, legality isn’t the biggest problem with Viking funerals:

You basically just end up with a slightly singed corpse bobbing around in a body of water

1 Like

My only problem with this is that embalming sucks for the environment. Other than that, I’m just impressed.

It’s also not a real thing as we know it. Vikings did not set ships laden with weapons and/or treasure on fire and set them out to the water. They were buried in ships (real or stone ships), and they were also cremated but never on water.

1 Like

Don’t you dare. Don’t you take my dream from me.

(Yes, I’m aware, I looked it up when they first proposed it and learned it still requires a special burn kiln to get the body to the right temperature; but it’s cost should be far lower than using traditional funeral homes, and it’s still sort of cool I think).

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.