Prosecutors complain about Trump's menacing social media posts

I’d enjoy seeing the judge order him to stop using social networking sites until the trial. That feels particularly poetically appropriate, and is still a light enough slap on the wrist that I think it could happen and I’m starting to get my hopes up.

Speaking of getting my hopes up, I hear the case in Georgia might get announced today

I Hope Please GIF

8 Likes

Trump might go back to publishing tweets as press releases, as he did between getting banned from Twitter and starting up Truth Social.

3 Likes

… for those like me who have never heard of it

4 Likes

… and I assume “Satanovsky” :roll_eyes: is this guy

5 Likes

I think you should care, but it is already a largely solved problem. The Bureau of Prisons has a series of forms and rules for designating other facilities for specific detention needs. They could easily do something like assign his detention to one of the low security prison camps which are co resident with military bases, allowing for more customized protections. It would have to be done in conjunction with the Homeland Security Secretary, but would probably resemble normal oversees travel negotiations.

6 Likes

He’ll be attracting people who don’t read fine prints.

3 Likes

Sure, something practical can be worked out after sentencing, but not before.

What bugged me was the language of the WaPo piece, especially Chuck Rosenberg

“Any federal district judge ought to understand it raises enormous and unprecedented logistical issues,” Rosenberg said of the prospect Trump could be incarcerated. “Probation, fines, community service and home confinement are all alternatives.”

He’ll be aware of the alternatives to serving time in general pop prison, so why is he spouting nonsense like that? Unless WaPo distorted his statement, I’m glad that he’s former FBI.

5 Likes

“We’ve never done this before!” - what a lazy, stupid excuse.

Which, in this case, boils down to “We can’t convict this criminal because we don’t have a jail to put him in.”
So what, build one if you have to. No perp left behind!

7 Likes

What you say is

4 Likes

That’s what they did for Napoleon. AND Magneto.

11 Likes

By some definitions. The previous “clever” lawyer who did this still ended up getting stiffed when T**** ran way over the retainer.

The thing with a high profile trial like this is, you can’t just quit when your retainer runs out. You’re still on the hook for representing the client.

5 Likes

Use his fraudulently-obtained PAC funds to build it. His own private Gitmo.

6 Likes

We Build The Prison!

4 Likes

Let’s take that back a step.

Gitmo. Don’t build one like it, just use it.

5 Likes

Omtig was I ere I saw Gitmo

:thinking:

I’ll allow it

3 Likes

Donald Duck Lol GIF

Sorry, could not help myself.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.