Protect your identity with fake profile photos

I use a caricature avatar for that.

1 Like

Facial recognition. If they have a fake photo of you, it still won’t tip the algorithms when you pass a camera (assuming they’re looking for you). At least that’s my guess.

Yeah, I tried it with several photos. None of the results looked remotely like me, other than they wore glasses.

1 Like

I get a sort of Angela Merkel vibe from this one. The horror!

1 Like

Yeah, this is my understanding too. A generic tool that if widely applied makes it that much harder to implement the coming facial recognition dystopia.

I am thinking that with a little photoshop skill you could then paste the generic face onto some of your actual holiday snaps for further realism.

I am all for the idea, as long as I could feel 100% certain that my uploaded picture didn’t go anywhere.

2 Likes

I’ve never used a photo of myself as a profile pic although I did once use a photo of my shadow.

Not social media but I signed up to Airbnb a couple of years ago and it took the photo of a random cat from my Gmail profile as my profile pic. Then it said “This doesn’t look like a picture of a human. Please upload a photo of yourself”. At which point I deleted my account.

1 Like

craig-ferg-go-wrong

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.