This website is a Hot-or-Not for fake people

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/27/this-website-is-a-hot-or-not-f.html

4 Likes

Thanks, but I already know how to waste time at work.

13 Likes

Yeah… I get the whole AI generated non existent thing, but it’s creepy as fuck that I am supposed to rate the attractiveness of a picture that looks like a 7 year old.
With BoingBoing’s recent post about paedo’s on youtube fresh in mind, I think this site should be taken down until this issue has been fixed.

3 Likes

I tried it a few times and it seems like only white people do not exist.

I assume that this is just more data for the machine learning algorithm. The fake faces that “win” are successes in the dataset.

6 Likes

I was rating on how real or fake the faces look. Not on attractiveness. About half the faces I rated positively I did not find attractive but did find to be realistic average looking people. Those faces had high positive scores so others, I think, used the same approach.

6 Likes

Eh, it’s clearly not actually “Hot or Not.” It’s called “Judge Fake People.” The instructions at the start say “Your job is to rank each face with an “X” or a “Heart” based on any criteria you want.” My guess is that the vast majority of people are ranking based on how real the face looks.

Edit:

That said, some people may well be ranking based on “hotness.” I gave the man on the left a Heart, because he was clearly more realistic than the woman on the right (see weird forehead, cheeks and ears), but more people are voting for the woman on the right.

2 Likes

OneDoesNotSimply.gif

3 Likes

Because of course it is.

2 Likes

So, do I have this right? We are basically headed toward a future where people will be able to: 1) build up a “preference profile” based on what direction they swipe fake-ass, AI-generated images?, and then; 2) presumably, an algorithm built by some “genius” will match the user’s preferences data to real, actual, facially-recognized and identified photos, and then 3) the user will be sent notifications on probable matches along, no doubt, with a photo of the recognized person’s face, address, and pic of his or her house on Google Street View.

Is that, uh, basically where we’re headed?

6 Likes

I represent a group of venture capitalists who want to talk with you about your proposed company.

10 Likes

To be clear, are you doing the hot/not site here, or the Thispersondoesnotexist.com? Because at the latter, the first not-person I got was black, the second I’d have said was of Asian extraction…of course, then I got a string of white not-people before getting another not-Asian.

Bots are hot, yo!

I’d hope so. (Though it doesn’t seem to be - yet.) It’s potentially useful feedback.

… More like 'bot or not, amirite …?

I’ll see myself oot.

3 Likes

I noticed the eyes are all in the exact same place on each face - made this with 450 faces (wish I knew how to write a script to download them automatically because it took me a while!) Blink quickly to capture faces in your brain.

4 Likes

We prefer to be called imaginary.

4 Likes

Dude, the whole of the interwebs (and beyond) is just more fodder for the machines.

The 2020s – they gunnuh be weird as shit.

3 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditSimulator/

A subreddit by markov chains for markov chains

4 Likes

I always lie on these tests.

4 Likes

That is amazing :slight_smile: