This website is a Hot-or-Not for fake people

Wait was I seeing this right that the top best and top worst were the same image?

2 Likes

Yes. And on top of that, you have to click a rating to see what the ratings were, and when you do it adds a vote, so you yourself can vote for an image to be both best and worst!

These are the best of times and the worst of times.

2 Likes

KIRK: “Everything Harry tells you is a lie. Remember that! Everything Harry tells you is a lie!”

MUDD: "Now listen to this carefully, Norman: I AM LYING! "

NORMAN: “You say you are lying, but if everything you say is a lie then you are telling the truth, but you cannot tell the truth because everything you say is a lie, but… you lie, you tell the truth, but you cannot for you l… Illogical! Illogical! Please explain! You are Human! Only Humans can explain their behavior! Please explain!”

KIRK: (sarcastic) “I am not programmed to respond in that area!”

2 Likes

[begin tech-bro voice]

Is there someway we can get rid of parts 2 and 3 and just offer up a bunch of AI generated profiles that will meet the user’s preferences?

There’s a limit on how many hot chicks actually ‘live next door’ but a properly trained AI ought to be able to spin out online interactions for ages before gently telling the user they’re not interested and subtly encouraging them to keep using our app, they’ll find love eventually?

There’s no financial return in actually matching people up with someone they’ll like - but giving them the impression that our app can actually do it, if only they weren’t such a klutz - that’s financial nirvana.
[end tech-bro voice]

6 Likes

I am quoting from the guy’s own blog:

" … Judging people by their appearance feels icky. …But what if someone exists in appearance only? A cover without a book, solely for your judgement? That sounds like a fun place to make guilt-free snap judgements, so I built it! … I just wanted to turn it into hot or not."

My argument is that it is still icky if you enable this “guilt free” judgement to also include (virtual) minors. But if he somehow tweaked that possibility out of the system I would have no problems with this.

3 Likes

This pre-supposes that indulging in idly passing judgement on faces isn’t inherently bad for the person doing it though. Also, even if these particular combinations are contrived they still share clusters of traits with real people, so features (nose size, freckles, lip fullness) could still be judged in a way that impacts real people.

That feels like a thin cover for “this app is currently viral, I want attention, hot or not was gross but wildly popular”

3 Likes

Is… this just an attempt to train the programs making these fake people so that they make more realistic fake people?

2 Likes

The guy that made the rating sight downloaded the images from the generator site. I’d actually be more into rating the images if my effort actually improved the generator.

I wrote a script to download an image from thispersondoesnotexist.com every 5 seconds and built up a collection of around two thousand fake people. Then I made a voting system

3 Likes

Run this script in an empty folder.

#!/bin/bash

while [ 1 ] ; do
fname=ls -1 | wc -l.jpg # next file name in sequence
echo $fname
curl https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/ > $fname
sleep 2 # be nice to their webserver
done

1 Like

It looks like it stripped out the backticks.

2 Likes

You’re right thanks! This should work, if anyone’s actually interested

#!/bin/bash
while [ 1 ] ; do
fname=$(ls -1 | wc -l).jpg # next file name in sequence
echo $fname
curl https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/ > $fname
sleep 2 # be nice to their webserver
done

1 Like

I’m interested. Thanks!

1 Like

[begin tech-bro voice]

We can solve all those problems if we just use blockchain!

[end tech-bro voice]

1 Like

Don’t call me a realist - I have imaginary friends!

Weren’t the people on Hot or Not fake enough as it is?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.