Proud Boy out on bond after Capitol riots arrested for crashing boat while drunk

Originally published at: Proud Boy out on bond after Capitol riots arrested for crashing boat while drunk | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Rae’s boating blunder could also have ramifications on his pending federal case and release status. Under the terms of federal supervised release laid out by a judge, Rae is prohibited from violating federal, state, or local law.

Nah, he’s a white right-wing male. He needs to be free of consequences to help in this country’s effort to repeat the history of fascist takeovers in a few years.

19 Likes

The news report doesn’t say anything about the condition of the “small island.” That concerns me more than his or the boat’s.

15 Likes

down here in Monroe County, the fines for damaging mangroves and/or seagrass beds can be more costly than the BUI.

17 Likes

He had his whole life ahead of him. /s

7 Likes

Drunken Boaters for Trump™ is my new superpac. Should be plenty of candidates to add to the mailing list so join now. We will be extracting money from your account monthly so keep those bank balances high. T-shirts available soon.

18 Likes

And it was an island. Now he’s Donne.

16 Likes

Well, I suppose if you’re gonna crash a boat, “drunkenly” is the best way to go about it.

7 Likes

Plorida Man.

7 Likes

How interesting. That link goes to the sheriff’s office report and it doxxes the Fine Gentleman.
Well, it gives his address, anyway, so…
But how the fuck do you hit an island? He lives only a couple of miles away, so it is presumed he is familiar with the area.
To the surprise of no one:
Rae was released from jail on his own recognizance shortly after 9:00 a.m.
[from the cop report]

With any luck, he will be living in new accomodations, soon.

5 Likes

I expect it just jumped out at him when he was innocently chugging around in his boat.

5 Likes

Yeah, I forgot about that. River channels change, too. Maybe the river itself was writhing around at the time & disoriented the poor, innocent lad.
More likely:

2 Likes

Being that he’s a white supremacist, the corporate media will blame it on “economic anxiety”.

9 Likes

Seeing as how he penetrated more than 20 meters into it, part of the answer is “very, very fast.”

11 Likes

Fine people, indeed.

2 Likes

Released from the drunk tank, yes?

4 Likes

It’s remarkably easy.

3 Likes

Thanks for the translation. I hadn’t quite visualised quite how far they must have slid over the ground

4 Likes

Divine punishment?

3 Likes

Deploriduh man.

4 Likes