Proud Boys charged in Capitol riot

Originally published at: Proud Boys charged in Capitol riot | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Raphael Eduardo “Ted” Cruz?

18 Likes

Hope they were treated to tasty Happy Meal before they got booked. That’s the going precedent for arresting White Domestic Terrorists in the USA.

12 Likes

Nah. Ted is a chicken shit opportunist.

Besides no one likes the guy enough to conspire with him. He’s basically the unliked kid in the cafeteria, sitting alone and shouting “Hey I’m totally insurrectioning this weekend too! Hey! Maybe we can topple a democracy together? I swear I throw coups all the time! Should I bring soup?”

16 Likes
11 Likes

The flag has always been used to bludgeon people metaphorically but now days its being done literally. By the same folks who celebrate their free speech by beating up flag burners.

12 Likes

12 Likes

Aw great, three are from the KC area.

6 Likes

From what I gather from these clowns, they all cosplay McInnes in their kink initiation ceremony

5 Likes

(With my full apologies) Adam Savage?

2 Likes

An African American Proud Boy in the picture? Really?

The charges are good start, but these fascist terrorists being found guilty and sentenced to supermax will send a message to other potential putsch-ists.

8 Likes

No, this is what they look like:

6 Likes

Maybe. I think the focus of the article are the two guys with plate carriers in front. Not sure how the other gentleman is involved.

2 Likes

Conspiracy charges are heavy and something we’ve always worried about in the back of our minds in civil disobedience circles. (Typically the charge will be something weak, like trespassing or failure to disperse). A group of mostly young women blocked a ship in Seattle and the DA initially charged them with conspiracy. The push back on the DA was so great they offered an olive branch of a lesser charge. The women said no, do all or nothing. Charges went away.

3 Likes

Let’s hope the list is long (not just the PBs) & the sentences are substantial.
I want the financiers & enablers to join their rabble in prison, too. Throw the book at 'em.
CAF, RICO, the works.
Otherwise, this will happen again.
Anyone want to bet that it won’t work next time? I didn’t think it was possible that Whatsisname would be POTUS, & look what happened.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.