Pseudo Echo needs a ride or something

[Read the post]

3 Likes

If it ain’t got a vocoder, it ain’t Funkytown.

“Forget it, Giorgio – it’s Funkytown.”

If Psuedo Echo (I do love that name) needs some help moving, they should talk to this guy:

5 Likes

That’s it, we can stop taking nominations for worst cover evar.

1 Like

True that. I’ll excuse this one though:

1 Like

I like it!

they had an earlier new romantic phase as well:

1 Like

I never understood the Pseudo Echo name, I always figured they should sound much more like the real Echo but just a little off, so you could always wonder whenever you heard a new song by them - hey is that Echo or just Pseudo Echo.

2 Likes

According to their Wikipedia page (which I was perusing just yesterday, oddly enough, so I’m writing from memory), it was named after a setting on their keyboard.

2 Likes

Uploader has not made this available in Australia. I guess I’ll have to walk up the road and see them play it live at my local RSL club.

3 Likes

I wonder if he ever moved. He’s was talking about it a lot.

In my experience, the more someone talks about it, the less likely they are to actually go to Funkytown.

5 Likes

This version, in addition to the below linked “Listening,” appeared in an 80’s surf movie “North Shore,” that had a gaggle of real surf pros in the cast.

While the Lipps Inc version is, of course, far better, I have fond memories of this version due to it being on “North Shore’s” soundtrack.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.