Psychedelic hero Alexander Shulgin nearing death

Dude, video stores where you can get something like the Shuilgin DVD are a thing of the past. The video kiosks you find outside of grocery & drug stores only have Disney movies, blockbusters from 18 months ago & straight to video B movies. You DO have to download from Pirate Bay to get something like the Shulgin flick.

Video stores where you can get something like the Shuilgin DVD are a thing of the past.

Okay then Let’s see.
Austin has Vulcan, and they carry it.
Portland has Movie Madness, and they carry it.
Boulder has Videostation, Yep them too.
Not Sure about Le Movie in SF because I don’t want to go on Facebook.
Doesn’t appear Kensington in San Diego has the title,.

There are still a few independent movie shops out there, and while not an option for everyone I do like to frequent them if I am in a town that has one.

Austin has Vulcan, and they carry it.

I live in Houston. So I have to drive 165 miles to rent a copy of this
movie, huh?

Me too :wink:

You’ll note that tropo repeatedly used the personal pronoun I when referring to the rental of the documentary. At no point did he suggest you should rent it. You did however claim that no video store would stock it, something that he refuted quite handily.

No, you misunderstood. I said there were no video stores in my neighborhood. However, since I saw DIRTY PICTURES on YouTube last night, I am abandoning this thread. I will smirk at your delusions while tropo can crow “BEAT HIM LIKE A DRUM!”

Um, let me quote you, because you never mentioned your neighbourhood, you only spoke generally about “video stores” and claimed you do have to download it from the Pirate Bay if you want to watch it.

Dude, video stores where you can get something like the Shuilgin DVD are a thing of the past. The video kiosks you find outside of grocery & drug stores only have Disney movies, blockbusters from 18 months ago & straight to video B movies. You DO have to download from Pirate Bay to get something like the Shulgin flick.

I’m glad you got around to watching Dirty Pictures anyway, it’s a great documentary.

Um, all comments should be redirected to http://boingboing.net/2014/06/03/alexander-sasha-shulgin-p.html .

I just lost my uncle to liver cancer Saturday, May 31. I hope that his passing is peaceful, and his loved ones take comfort in the contributions he made to mankind. Rest well <3

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.