Psychology professor who researchers "vampires" reportedly caught licking student's blood in class

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/08/28/psychology-professor-who-resea.html

1 Like

Old adage: therapists, shrinks, psych majors, etc. tend to be the crazy ones.

3 Likes

Actually this has come up before as there are reports of Dr. Williams, whose classes are only held at night, doing this sort of thing as far back as 1897.

30 Likes

“Now an employment tribunal has revealed that after a female student somehow got a cut while in class, Williams allegedly wiped up the blood with his fingers and then licked them. The young woman reported the unusual behavior to one of Williams’s PhD student, Helen Coleman, who reported it to school officials. Williams alleges that the school didn’t reprimand Williams but instead punished her, kicking her out of the PhD program.”

Ugh, too typical. :expressionless:

7 Likes

Well, what do you expect if you take a class with Vampire.

Just kidding. Because vampires don’t exists.

Uh - I am not sure if that behavior is worthy of kicking the professor out, but some sort of reprimand. It’s weird. Why one would punish the student defies all logic.

7 Likes

individuals who believe they have a psychological need to consume blood

Isn’t believing that I have a psychological need and having a psychological need really the same thing?

3 Likes

3 Likes

In the absence of further clarifying details, there is a whole spectrum of possibilities, ranging from: “A student reported weird behavior and the University got rid of her in a wrongheaded attempt to preempt a scandal.” through “A student was terminated for unrelated reasons and now tries to connect it to this report to get back at the University” to “A student made up a ridiculous accusation and was dropped for being a weird psycho.”

3 Likes

often appears on television to discuss their blood-drinking lifestyle.

Everybody has a job…

4 Likes

Who the heck proofread this?

8 Likes

5 Likes

Came here to say the same. Maybe they meant “a psychological need to believe they’re consuming blood”?

The young woman reported the unusual behavior to one of Williams’s PhD student, Helen Coleman, who reported it to school officials. Williams Coleman alleges that the school didn’t reprimand Williams but instead punished her, kicking her out of the PhD program.

“This is an extraordinary case," said Williams’s Coleman’s attorney. "We have never dealt with anything like this before.”

I’m not trying to be a grammar Nazi, @pesco, but those two typos are really confusing. You may wish to fix them.

7 Likes

Thanks, but I’ll stick with the classics.

lez vampires

12 Likes

Question: do I need to see parts 1 and 2 for the third part to make sense?

17 Likes

with a title like that should you even care?

7 Likes

Plots are an outmoded convention.

6 Likes

That’s the first thing that confused me. After that I just started getting confused about the fact that the cited sources (as well as other online newish sources) don’t actually seem to agree on whether the prof. or the unnamed student actually tasted the blood.

4 Likes

Ah, thank you so much! Fixed.

4 Likes

Well, vampirism IS said to be contagious.

2 Likes