Public opinion of Congress reaches a new low

Agreed, but as far as the absolute dysfunction goes, I think we can put that squarely on the obstructionist Republicans who have brought forth record filibusters and obstructionism during this time of record low public opinion.

The sad thing is the obstructionism really works in the favor of the status quo DINOs and bluedogs who can very conveniently pass the blame for their inaction on the other side. That way they can pander to the public while still pleasing their corporatist masters.

I’m still looking forward to the day when for the first time in modern American history we can at least muster the resolve to have two consecutive Democratic administrations in a row and get enough Republicans out of the House and Senate so we can stop the ping-pong blame game and help usher in liberal Democrats and eventually a left wing third party.

I really don’t think many Americans realize we’ve never even tried this in modern history… at all.

All we do is keep at short term, knee-jerk reactionary swings that keep the corporatist right firmly in power over the rest of us.

vs. long-term strategy:

Then again, this has been addressed in this bbs before

3 Likes