Public school board president calls for"holiday break" to be named "Christmas break"

Happy Winterval everyone!

8 Likes

that seems fine to me, though – at least she realized her faux pas, felt bad about it, and tried to be more inclusive. I think your response was perfect.

4 Likes

Oh, yeah, to be clear, I was using that as an example of a positive interaction, in contrast to the negative one @gracchus had.

4 Likes

I had almost the flip side to that. I was catching up with a family member over the phone and when signing off said, “Merry Christmas!” Because I know that’s the holiday they celebrate.
Instead of wishing it back, he was all scornfully, “oh! You aren’t saying ‘happy holidays?’” And tried to make it into some thing. It was so bizarre. Like, I said the thing “they” apparently want us to say, and which I deemed appropriate for the situation, and I still got flack for it.
Must be so fucking exhausting to be them! Certainly is tiring to try to socialize with them.

16 Likes

Christmas, what an asshole.

5 Likes

I’m weirdly celebrating both summer and winter solstice this year because I’m in the southern hemisphere while all my friends are in the US and Europe. They are just ending the longest night while I’m halfway through the longest day.

8 Likes

I live in the D/FW area and Southlake/Carroll is WELL known around here for being friendly to bigotry.

2 Likes

The district lives in infamy on the BBS. It’s like the school board met St. Babs and declared “hold my beer”.

6 Likes

And a happy Isaac Newton’s birthday to all, and to all a good night.

4 Likes

Austin Metro is where I live. Carroll ISD has that rep thru the entire state. Anyone tangentially involved in education knows what kind of shyte that board and administration get up to.

I feel very badly for their students

6 Likes

Did I miss it? What are they proposing to call summer vacation???
Glad to see they’re putting their energies towards the important issues facing todays students!
/s

2 Likes

Next time, just send them a Xmas card. Here’s a very tasteful selection that may interest you.

2 Likes

Patriot Break? Independence Vacation?

4 Likes

Summer. When all the kids are out and about. I’m sure that Matt Gaetz and those of similar ilk have a coded term for that time of year.

2 Likes

I’ve been spending too much time grading final exams - I absolutely just misread that name as “Southflake”.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.