Public service announcements for happy mutants!

Dear El Reg, Will Windows 10 break my VPN? I read it on the web so it must be true

2 Likes
4 Likes

I can’t vouch for this – anyone else? .ftc.gov site, https, has cert …

2 Likes

Keep an eye on this. Outbreak in a major city with extensive transportation links is pretty close to the nightmare scenario. Without significant mutations to increase contagion, unlikely to be an issue outside the area, but folks in the area are in grave danger and panic could multiply this greatly.

8 Likes
1 Like

We debated this a while back, so file this under fyi.

7 Likes

But, but, but… not ALL vapes! /s

5 Likes

I’m guessing vaping is still less bad for you than regular smoking.

1 Like

We don’t know either way at this point, but the recent cases of lung issues (and the one death, possibly caused by vaping) might indicate otherwise. Obviously, we’re going to need lots more studies before we really know either way.

But it is pretty clear that the vape companies are marketing them to kids, which means that teens are getting hooked on nicotine at a young age, so there’s also that.

1 Like

Yes, they are absolutely marketing to kids.

3 Likes

Take note, folks on HRT:

3 Likes

Doesn’t surprise me at all. I’ve been on the exact opposite medical regimen for years now: hormone depleting rather than hormone replacing. Breast cancer eats that stuff up like candy. Starve the beast, don’t feed it.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s not what you know is in it that kills you, it’s what is in it that they don’t want you to know. Who coulda guessed?

1 Like

Sadly, this is old news

Yeah, but you wimmins have those pesky hormones that make it hard. Or, to put it another way,

9 Likes

Equifax is going to make you work for that 125 bucks it owes each of you: Biz sneaks out Friday night rule change

Surprise, surprise.

3 Likes

Mutants in the Houston area should keep an eye put.

3 Likes

It’s official: Merriam-Webster has added “they” as a singular pronoun!

10 Likes

They already had it as type of a singular pronoun… definition 3.

The big news was that they added a specific mention for gender non-binary use.

(Which is progress, but as a quibble, it isn’t perfect, because they made it sound like only non-binary people would use a singular they, and not all the different kinds of people who just want to de-gender their language generally. It arguably would have been better if they just admitted “they” has been used as a common-gender third person singular pronoun throughout recorded history, instead of minimizing or erasing that use by implying it only happened in indeterminate cases.)

8 Likes

WTELF? They’re just shutting off all those people, just like that. We only see those kind of numbers in the wake of massive storms.

5 Likes

Aye; it’s crazy.

I have no idea whether we will lose power or not; the maps are all inconclusive.

4 Likes