Public service announcements for happy mutants!

And doctors try to tell us salads are good for us!

4 Likes

8 Likes

Why not? It’s right in line with the whole vibe! Zombies next?

5 Likes

Isn’t rabies basically the same thing as a zombie-creating pathogen?

2 Likes

Nothing really actionable here. More “Isn’t science neat?” and “Watch this space.” Moderna is working on a mRNA vaccine for EBV, and I suspect it just got more interesting.

10 Likes

No more DRM-free downloads as Amazon’s ComiXology app set to disappear inside Kindle

Worrying changes are afoot for e-comics vendor ComiXology as Amazon finally gets round to asserting copy control – meaning no more downloads of unprotected comics, even if you’ve paid for them.

It looks as if Amazon subsidiary Iconology Inc – which trades as ComiXology – is finally being subsumed, eight years after Bezos’ behemoth bought the business.

[…]

2 Likes
5 Likes

How do you make water filtration bougie?

Given that I am constantly trying to figure out ways to make use of excess SCOBYs, this intrigues me. The yeast is easy enough, as I am also always brewing something. The bacterial part might be trickier, but hey, that’s what experiments are for, right?

7 Likes

Hey, all you PNW mutants, you might want to keep an eye on this one:

9 Likes
6 Likes

So, what they’re saying is, I need to get a separate dishwasher for my car parts…

6 Likes

Yes.
One of my housemates once put a greasy, dirty set of chainmail that he had salvaged from a car fire into our dishwasher. Black, oily speckles turned up on everything plastic for about two weeks before he confessed.

9 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes