Publisher of Alabama newspaper calls for the Klan to ride on DC with "hemp ropes"

Oddly enough there’s an ad in the paper for a Black History Month event :

http://www.smalltownpapers.com/newspapers/newspaper_detail.php?id=111&np=thumbnails/DRP.gif/P08

:thinking:

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure he’s just making shit up as he goes along, whatever hate-filled, delusional drivel best fits the previous sentence of apoplectic ranting.

Kinda like ⊥rump, actually.

12 Likes

I kind of want to be a fly on the wall watching the conversation he has with the FBI. Calling for the assassination of politicians tends to be something they frown upon rather strongly, though they may call it “domestic terrorism” rather than assassination.

5 Likes

I think it’s a factoid floating around the racistverse, wherever it came from. I’m sure that I’ve seen it in the Breitbart comments before.

6 Likes

Nah. He’s white, so the odds of it being called domestic terrorism are basically nil.

6 Likes

Or close enough…

venture-you-nazis

6 Likes

Because the facts of history are stacked against them?

8 Likes

I mean, come on, “Goodloe Sutton”? He’s named like a Confederate general. No wonder he’s a dipshit white supremacist.

2 Likes

So fucking tired of winning. Oh lord, i am so tired.

6 Likes

Maybe Sherman needs to march down there again.

3 Likes

This is why. Straight up, if you have to deal with facts and truth, you wind up left of center. You can only maintain right wing beliefs if facts become optional. This was true prior to Trump, but has exploded since.

12 Likes

This is a talking point I’ve heard from a few die hard racists as well. It allows them to cast doubt on any of the crimes of the Klan. It also creates a situation that helps absolve white attendees of lynchings by casting it as some type of overzealous enforcement of law. It is part of the vast alternate reality of lies presented as facts in some circles.

10 Likes

I’ve never heard of this. Do you know if there was ever a documented case, or is just legend being treated as fact?

2 Likes

Maybe he thought Blazing Saddles was a documentary? Or he didn’t realize that “Clayton Bigsby” guy was just a Chapelle sketch?

kkk

6 Likes

There has been occasional weirdness out on the fringes.

4 Likes

As with stand-up comedy, Republicans aren’t that good with “irony”.

3 Likes

To the best of my knowledge it is purely a racist urban legend. I spent a while looking into it and even papers discussing the role of the Klan in controlling community behavior never mention it. The closest to the concept is a lot of writing about the role of the Klan in controlling white protestant behavior, but no evidence of any of their hated groups taking part.

2 Likes

Wait, what? David Byrne?

The only conversation he’s likely to be having with the FBI these days is going to be an interview for Director of Civil Rights Enforcement :frowning:

2 Likes

The guy in the middle? Not even remotely…

3 Likes