Pug has "strange" bark

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/29/pug-has-strange-bark.html

6 Likes

Sounds all pugged up.

13 Likes

Unfortunately it sounds like the little guy has been devocalized.

5 Likes

Poor doggo. :C

3 Likes

It seems cruel but he would be a prime candidate.

2 Likes

Ahh, brachycephalic dogs. Cute, adorable proof that when it comes to breeding, humans are assholes.

14 Likes

This. Pugs (among other breeds) are a crime against nature, and humans are responsible.

13 Likes

That dog is better dressed than I am.

4 Likes

:frowning:
Not trying to be funny, but I’m speechless. I had no idea that was a thing.

2 Likes

Pretty sure it’s illegal over here, like.

1 Like

Is “all pugged up” on a shirt? Cause it should be…

4 Likes

I have neighbors that have 4 of those guys and when they are walked past they make quite the commotion. You can hear 'em coming from yards away!

I can’t imagine what is must be like living with them. Wow.

1 Like

Sounds like the strange bark may be the result of respiratory problems due to grotesque over breeding.

3 Likes

Agreed. They are objectively unhealthy dogs. We’ve bred them into bsieing genetically born to suffer. The responsible thing would be to stop forcing them to reproduce.

5 Likes

De-barked dogs are sign of humanity’s potential for unmitigated cruelty. In better news, I was wholly unprepared for how authentic that Australian guy’s rabid dog impression would be!

2 Likes

Sounds like normal pug sounds.
But, yeah. Mans breeding has done a terrible thing on those once majestic creatures

(I think there are subtitles).
2 Likes

I’m against breeding domesticated cats and dogs period given the number in need of rescue.

1 Like

11 Likes

Not mention the couple of ugly sweaters.

Yeah, that Aussie guy didn’t sound too good.