Puke machine actually has a point

[Read the post]

Ah, but does it taste like real puke? I doubt it.

3 Likes

Will it be found dead in a gutter. Will we talk about its promising career, cut short by drug abuse?

3 Likes

And poor Vomiting Larry was there first, coulda been a contender, but never broke the States. Vomiting robots? A dime a dozen, kid, what else ya got?

4 Likes

Norovirus is one of the most unpleasant illnesses I have ever contracted. The body’s reaction to it is so strong that the immune system doesn’t build a proper immunity, it just tells the GI tract to purge as much as possible, as quickly as possible, from both ends.

I wouldn’t wish it on anybody

3 Likes

“this isn’t a nasty toy or practical joke”. Give it time…

2 Likes

One year, most of my family, my in-laws and my husband caught it over Xmas and it was indeed horrible. My two younger brothers in law- normally very sturdy and healthy- were puking so violently and making such agonizing sounds all night that I kept checking to see if they were actually dying. I thought for sure I would get it since I was surrounded by sick people, but by the grace of some unicorn, I never got it (neither did my mother; I wonder if there is some genetic immunity). I had a tiny inkling of what it must have felt like to survive the great plague. Whew

1 Like

Hmmm, so you can actually dust for vomit.

When you’re done for the day, just make sure the machine rests on its side.

2 Likes

Give it a pistol grip and a trigger and I’m in.

1 Like

I remember that Christmas*. My then-toddler son wasn’t feeling well on an evening we were scheduled to visit a family friend’s house for a Christmas dinner. I advised we stay home, but my wife overruled me, thinking he just had a standard-issue tummyache. 20 minutes into our visit, he ralphed adorably on their living room floor. Charmed, the hostess and her daughter cleaned him up and comforted him.

Within forty-eight hours, 13 out of 15 people from that party were heaving into toilets. The hostess’ son and I were the only ones who managed to escape unscathed. I nursed my wife and kids back to health (doing lots and lots of laundry, mopping, and hand-washing) while my in-laws took turns filling the toilet in their hotel room.

A similar epidemic felled my family one Thanksgiving when I was around eleven, and also on another Christmas a couple years later (I did not escape those). Really puts a damper on holiday revelry.

*may not have actually been that particular Christmas

2 Likes

4 Likes

Thank you, Puke Machine!

Did you make that image?

Wow, I can envision 1,001 uses for it! Where was it last year?!

1 Like

found it last night

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.