Punched Nazi loses tax-exempt status

You’re basically saying it’s hard to understand, only experts can do that (much like cancer) and it will always be with us. That’s what I took from your comments. If that’s not what you mean, please clarify, since you seem to be an expert on the matter (unlike targets of white supremacy). [quote=“aikimo, post:122, topic:96998”]
based mostly on the past,
[/quote]

Yes. Because this historical moment isn’t disconnected from the past. It’s linked to it and shaped by it. Coates indeed uses research to illustrate how a history of white supremacy has robbed African Americans of wealth that shapes the lives of African Americans today. The ability to ignore the past is a privilege that many people do not have. The fact that you think that history and the present are somehow disconnected speaks volumes here. I’d suggest you go read some history books and note how many of them connect the past to the time that the book was written.

Perhaps go look up work by organizations like the Southern Poverty Law Center, who do deal in data. There is tons of good work on how white supremacy has shaped the reality of millions of people in this country. It’s not my job to find it for you. I will link to some evidence of an uptick in hate crimes:

https://www.splcenter.org/

But since you’re already here, maybe start out with this:

I’m sorry if none of this rises to the level of “real” problems in your mind. Most of us really don’t want to wait for camps and piles of bodies, to be quite honest with you. Maybe we’re seeing shadows and hatred where none exists, but given what I know about history, I doubt it.

12 Likes