Punched Nazi loses tax-exempt status

[quote=“bibliophile20, post:11, topic:96998”]
False equivalence is false equivalence.[/quote]
Yes.

And that’s false equivalence. Objecting to a gif of a person inflicting violence on another person (irrespective of who’s on the receiving end - that’s not relevant) is NOT equivalent to “preaching tolerance for Nazis”.

3 Likes

Their exact wording was “hate is hate” and “is one much better that Nazi sympathizers?”

And that’s false equivalence and saying that you have to be tolerant of people who have a hateful belief system.

But, hey, what I do I know about being the recipient of hate? It’s not like there haven’t been two bomb threats and vandalism in my own city against Jewish targets in the last week and a half. But if I take satisfaction in watching a Nazi get punched, I’m apparently no better than Nazi sympathizers.

28 Likes

How did this white supremacist hate group even qualify for tax-free status, to start off with?

17 Likes

8 Likes

http://imgur.com/r7idvzK

7 Likes

It was a provocative question. I take the criticism as helpful. But if law enforcement were there and doing their job, they’d arrest the puncher, not the punchee. To adjust my prior position and elaborate on my sentiments, here is what I think is a proper fate for a Nazi protestor:

1 Like

Okay; fair enough - sorry. I didn’t really register the second part whilst noticing the part I wholely agree with: violence is not something to be celebrated, irrespective of who it’s inflicted upon.

1 Like

It is consistent, though. He and his followers blame everyone but themselves for their being incompetent losers, so why not blame the IRS for his reading comprehension deficiencies and his failure to hire a professional accountant?

17 Likes

Here’s mine:

23 Likes

I would revise my statement in light of some cogent criticism: “A tiny little bit of hate is not genocidal levels of hate. But it is still hate.”

1 Like

How about this, instead?

“A person that is being hated for something that is intrinsically part of that person will probably feel hatred right back at the people hating them. I’m going to try not to blame them for that reaction, and instead focus on the people who chose to be hateful to someone else for what they are.”

16 Likes

Agree. Arrests lead to trials (which not only bring judgement on the perpetrators, but bring everything into the light for the healing of humanity). And trials lead to judgement. Judgement leads to a sentence.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t hate them if they weren’t advocating the extermination of people like me and @bibliophile20

18 Likes

Wait, I thought we’d already sorted the ‘is it OK to punch Nazis’ (yes) question?

4 Likes

16 Likes

I’d hate them.

4 Likes

Beat me to it

3 Likes

10 Likes

“They are more than nasty little snobs, Kathy. You call them that, and you can dismiss them; it’s too easy. They’re persistent little traitors to everything that this country stands for, and stands on and you have to fight 'em! Not just for the ‘poor, poor Jews,’ as Dave says, but for everything this country stands for.”

13 Likes

28 Likes