Punny and suggestive winners of the worst (aka best) brand slogans in the Netherlands

Originally published at: Punny and suggestive winners of the worst (aka best) brand slogans in the Netherlands | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Cackastrophe still works in British English. I can imagine The S*n using it in a headline.

4 Likes

New slogan to the Netherlands, maybe…

Still funny though! =:)

2 Likes

Ah, fine antigermanic word joinery after the fashion of carbon rings with odd number member count being antiorganic (and polar.) Keep winning the marine crafting, green chemistry, turbines…er, windmills and cosmopolitan trading stuff, you’ll get some Brand awards by it yet.

Isn’t the English version…

…just as bad?

2 Likes

I have a bit of Dutch ancestry. A lot actually. Don’t speak much sadly. But a combination of irreverence regarding sexual taboos, and understated and at times sardonic sense of humour, and an almost incongruent stubbornness and at times serious demeanor is the best way I can describe my experience of my relatives. Can definitely imagine them coming up with these marketing campaigns.

2 Likes

When I had a Honda 50 the standing joke was “What’s red, throbs, and goes between your legs?”.

2 Likes

Not a slogan, but what else would the Dutch call a fitness training company? :thinking:

Naai also means screw - as in, ripped off, “Jij heeft mij genaaid!” (You screwed me!) or, have sex, “Wil jij met mij naaien?” (Would you like to screw with me?)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.