Puppers are not OK with a cat-shaped pillow showing up in their house

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/18/puppers-are-not-ok-with-a-cat.html

5 Likes

I don’t blame them

7 Likes

Zardoz for Dogs! Yay!

13 Likes

When the cat shows up in a loincloth and thigh-high boots, we’re all in trouble.

18 Likes

The German Shepard seems more confused as to what the other two are on about.

10 Likes

“the couch has a face now whyyyy”

4 Likes

Right about 0:26, daddy should have let out a horrible screeching hiss.

1 Like

It’s all fun and games until a hairy Sean Connery shows up wearing a red diaper.

2 Likes

Couch cat is watching you cower in fear.

4 Likes

Midnight ! And no sign of Dick! (slaps thigh)

Oh yes. The magic of panto…

I wondered if the reverse would work on a cat, but mine was unfazed by the barking in the video. So, probably not. :pouting_cat:

1 Like

Perhaps it’s about the smell more than the image on the pillow?

2 Likes

My dog might have freaked out in a similar situation, because there’s an animal there (she thinks, probably), and she can’t really see or smell it very well.

I’ve noticed that when a dog is on the opposite side of a fence, they can’t check out the other dogs properly (hard to lick or sniff) and it really agitates them. I’ve seen dogs who are basically friends start barking and even snarling a little just because they’re on opposite sides of a fence

4 Likes

My dog (cattle dog cross) was transfixed by a reflection of me in a store window yesterday; looked up the reflection of my face and back and forth at my actual face. There was obviously no scent involved; it was all visual. She was confused to see two of me obviously.
Herders are alert to any source of stimuli; responding to visual and aural cues from their handlers, as well as scent, and the dogs in the video are all herding breeds.

7 Likes

I suspect it’s more a case of, “OMG, where’s the body? Who put this cat head on my sofa?!”, than anything else.

2 Likes

I think he even might be trying to tell them “guys, it’s alright”.

1 Like

My cats flip right out when I come home with a knit animal hat on my head.

6 Likes

Best I could do…

2 Likes

They always say cats rule dogs drool. My 2 cats rule my house. Even with Dogs near by.

1 Like

Well, what did he expect?
This is like you or me finding a horse’s head under the duvet.