Puppies in a bucket

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/11/puppies-in-a-bucket.html

13 Likes

So much cuteness!
giphy-16

28 Likes

It’s killing me too.

11 Likes

Play this at my funeral.

14 Likes

the unicorn chasers we need these days, thanks BB

15 Likes

"lowest energy state for the puppies. If too much energy (flops, boops, snoots, mlems) were introduced to the local system, the puppies would continue to bounce around randomly. "

Heisenberg’s theory of Puppy Quantum States!

17 Likes

Nobody else is seeing a bunch of nervous puppies reluctantly performing the trick they were trained to do?

1 Like

:smirk_cat: My cat heard the whiny puppies and scoffed at my sentimentality.

17 Likes

Yet they are observed and counted and their positions noted, all at the same time?

And how many puppies can you get in a Mini?

7 Likes

No, we do not see this.

13 Likes

That last puppy just throwing himself on top of the others is my champ.

22 Likes

OK, sorry to ruin the illusion.

2 Likes
If you’ve ever seen a puppy pile you know how adorable it is. But aside from being the cutest thing ever it makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint. Puppies snuggle with one another to keep warm. When you get cold you can snuggle up under a blanket or put on some extra layer, for our dogs it’s not quite that simple.

:wink:

13 Likes

There is the Puppy Uncertainty Principle, where we can reasonably guess their number and position but they squirm around so much as to make it impossible to be exact.

Depends, how many can you fit in the wood chipper.
(I will show myself out)

4 Likes

Huh, I thought that kind of cute animal trap only worked on cats

4 Likes

I’ve worked rescue for decades, including bottle-raising orphans. One of the things you can do to increase survival chances for a lone orphan is give them a surrogate littermate. It’s a stuffed dog that warms up and has a “heartbeat.” Basically puppies NEED to snuggle. Such a shame for us! :smiley:

17 Likes

When I read the headline, I thought KFC had come up with a new menu item.

9 Likes

11 Likes

So do clingy kitties. :crying_cat_face: I got mine one of these, but it didn’t work:

8 Likes

Kitties are not fooled by these, though elderly humans respond well to them. Since the cat won’t be fooled anyway, it may be placated by your worn shirt over a hot water bottle. Or just tuck kitty in your shirt and wear it around all day!

10 Likes