Purported leaked photos of the strip club, opulent theater, and bathroom inside Putin's alleged secret palace

Originally published at: Purported leaked photos of the strip club, opulent theater, and bathroom inside Putin's alleged secret palace | Boing Boing

6 Likes

With that taste in decor, no wonder Biff loves him. Everything about this palace is gross.

22 Likes

I had to look and see what that was…

He has a Bellagio fountain show.

(Example shown is not his per se.)

10 Likes

“My secrets have leaked? Oh no!”

7 Likes

It gets me thinking: I wonder how easy it would be for a drone to carry one of those cocktails the Finns named after a certain Soviet foreign minister.

5 Likes

Ah so this is the kind of place men like Cawthorn find wives!

11 Likes

I guess Putin will have to visit USA if he wants to play golf, otherwise he seems well covered.

2 Likes

The total lack of artwork says a lot about him. It reminds me of Sheldon Adelson’s Las Vegas house (know some people who worked on it). 150,000 sq. ft. of tacky rooms full of gilded styrofoam. If you need multiple panic rooms in your place, you’re probably on the wrong side of morality.

8 Likes

Too cowardly for the Finns. They would ski up in the dead of night in -40 weather to deliver it personally, disappearing in a puff of powder snow.

10 Likes

Actually I was thinking more of Ukrainians.

[ETA: location-wise, it’s pretty close, and right on the Black Sea.]

5 Likes

Ah well. In that case, serious answer: Maybe harder than you think. There’s a tradeoff between drone range and payload capability which would be needed to be able to hit that target, given how close someone could get.

You would also want plausible deniability, which limits you to off-the-shelf consumer drones. I haven’t gone all the way down this rabbit hole, but this is just getting into basic specs. To say nothing of how reliable that setup would end up being. Would you remotely pilot it? Would you program it to be fully autonomous? How close could you feasibly get to deliver the payload without them quickly figuring out where it came from, and whodonnit?

If off-the-shelf drones had 10x the energy density in their batteries, this would be down to a problem of software/hardware engineering.

ETA: While the episode was ridiculous on some counts, Black Mirror had an episode about commodity drones used by unknown forces for terror attacks and political assassinations.

3 Likes

This one is.

Oh yes, it’s a meme.

7 Likes

plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose

6 Likes

No pictures of the aquadisco, whatever that is?

2 Likes

Many Bothans Russians died to bring us this information,

3 Likes

He can’t live forever, he might think he can, but his end will be unceremonious and soon I hope for the better of Russia.

11 Likes

Trump’s idea of heaven.

4 Likes

After a certain point of wealth it’s like, why bother? Plus how easy is it to sleep at night knowing your “loyal” guards might not be so loyal…

3 Likes

Yeah, I mean, doesn’t even Putin think this is a bit much? Oh, wait-- this one is an interior picture of Limbaugh’s house. Putin, Trump, Limbaugh: they all have no desire except to “make it look like, y’know, I’m rich.”

4 Likes

I suspect that a lot of the wealth is /for/ the guards, to encourage loyalty.

4 Likes