"Pussy", "pupal" and "agora" among words removed from Wordle after move to New York Times

And now it jiggles!

2 Likes

I dislike the new interface and font. But that’s okay, any reason to avoid giving the NYT traffic is a feature.

1 Like

i didn’t actively do anything, I just went to my bookmark same as every day, solved it, and later found this post/thread.

I do run a bunch of script blockers. ff/android.

2 Likes

Hmmm, I’ll be curious. I wordled this morning and it was on the original platform, but just went to check after seeing this and got re-routed to the NYT platform. And it appears to have lost my stats in the transition :frowning: Have you checked in the last few hours?

1 Like

Same, solved this morning on the original site, checked later and it was on times. Had a blank today, but kept my previous stats. I resisted the temptation to get it in 1 and filled back in my starter words.

Slept
Rainy
Dough

1 Like

I did not resist that temptation! :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

jeeze, I bet you can’t even guess qanon.

2 Likes

Heroic efforts will be needed to find yet further words if your starters are taken with this move.

that was it. but I did take my screenshot while I was here in this thread; the original address was still being served for some people after it had been reported as cut off.

1 Like

off-topic, but got it in TWO today!
Wordle 238 2/6

:yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

4 Likes

Psst:

4 Likes

What’s wrong with ‘pupal’?

Perhaps they didn’t know its meaning relating to insects and thought it was just a variant of “pupil” and deleted for the same reason as “fibre”?

1 Like

Big Brother Shrug GIF by Big Brother After Dark

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.