Putin and Kim Jong-un deepfakes used in political ads

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/07/putin-and-kim-jong-un-deepfakes-used-in-political-ads.html

3 Likes

Deep fake AI shit is a slippery slope that I hope we all refuse to go down, but I know full well it will soon turn into yet another ultra-fast race to the digital bottom. It’s cool if you can make the messages positive, correct, appropriate, and whatnot. But this sort of digital tool is a razor-sharp double-edged sword, to be sure.

4 Likes

Fake Kim Jong-Un’s voice is much deeper than his real voice.

1 Like

The deeps are fake, but the funny is real.

Yeah, I agree, these deepfakes are pretty f’d up. Regardless of who’s side uses them this just a Pandora’s Box.

2 Likes

Fake Kim Jong-Un actually has some good charisma…

2 Likes

Fake Vladimir Putin sounds like Bela Lugosi as Dracula.

1 Like

The quality of the Kim Jong-Un one.
If I’d seen that in passing with a random person I didn’t know, it would never have occurred to me that it was fake.

1 Like

Fake Vlad is such a liar.

Vlad Dracula or Vlad Putin - your choice… :wink:
To be serious for a moment, these deepfakes are pretty scary, because probably 90% of people seeing them without the bit at the end would be convinced, I’m certain of that, and this will get better/worse, depending on how you look at it.
Considering how many swallow the lies of QAnon and Drumph, I can only see an ever-deepening rabbit hole that these things will be dragging gullible, and even not so gullible people into. :slightly_frowning_face:

Whoever made the Putin ad was a Lugosi fan.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.