Rowan Atkinson deepfaked into the J'adore ad

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/12/rowan-atkinson-deepfaked-into.html

3 Likes

He’s so pretty.

I stand by my assertion that deep fakes are being pushed/developed in order to provide the cover of plausible deniability for rich/famous folks who are on the verge of having some truly heinous “home movies” be involuntarily released to the public.

3 Likes

Are we playing kill, bang or marry?

5 Likes

seriously modern millie

2 Likes

This is the obvious fear but if they’re a) still far from realistic enough and b) the worst case just reminds us that video is a potentially trustworthy but often unreliable form of evidence.

Which is what it always has been.

In 2008, jurors watched a tape of R Kelly pissing on a 13 year old girl, then acquitted him.

10 Likes

These ads are stupid af and Rowan is an improvement. I might even maybe, possibly begin to fathom contemplating perhaps, someday buy the stink water - if they were brave enough to make actual ads like this.

Ok, is anyone else just amazed at how Mr. Atkinson can be variously attractive just based on his expressions? I am (of course) repulsed at Duke Edmund in The Black Adder, and swoon for Lord Blackadder in Blackadder II, and it’s basically just his face and mannerisms. I can’t think of another actor who does this half so well.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I watched the Atkinson version first, and now Charlize looks “deepfaked” to me, too. (But I’m wondering if it’s because there was some minor algorithmic alteration of her face…)

1 Like

And the facial hair.

These:

imageimage

Versus these:

image image

Actually, this is a pretty good rule for a few actors in those series:

image image

image image

image image

3 Likes

Better example: Rodney King.

4 Likes

5 Likes

I will absolutely concede the point.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.