Putin and Scholz face off across a very long table

Originally published at: Putin and Scholz face off across a very long table | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Macron said the same…

13 Likes

This war will be named (the war of the long tables). I think.

9 Likes

Wild tin-foil hat nutso conjecture not to be believed or credited: A couple of years back (c2015) Putin was looking really ill. He disappeared from the cameras for a while and came back looking better. Now he’s keeping his distance from everyone (even his own operatives) with a very long table. ipso facto quatly quat: Putin got a transplant and is notably immune compromised.

19 Likes

In Russia nasal applications of Polonium-210 cures COVID. Duh.

11 Likes

You call that a table? THIS is a table:

22 Likes

PTP
I’d be thankful of the distance myself, considering his chemical proclivities …
… with or without tin foil hats!

5 Likes

This looks like a set for the mini-series Chernobyl.

6 Likes

Critics have chided Putin for sheltering in a “bunker” during the coronavirus outbreak, reportedly protected by medical tunnels of dubious efficacy that sprayed visitors with a cloud of disinfectant.

The Proekt investigative website later claimed the Kremlin had built an identical windowless office in Sochi, a resort city on the Black Sea, where Putin was reportedly holding meetings while he was believed to be in Moscow.

3 Likes

The air hockey one looks like fun.

1 Like

That’s a spoon

Here’s Putin and the co-Prince of Andorra, same situation:

2 Likes
15 Likes

I would swear it was photoshopped, but it appears to be the real deal.

I dunno, that doesn’t look like Sprue to me; though, I guess, it could be 12 and 14 feet long.

We’ll, he hasn’t been photographed without a shirt on for a while… :thinking:

2 Likes

I would certainly like a table like that at my house when my mother-in-law comes over (tugs at collar). Thank you

3 Likes

Ah, the headline confused me, like why would a founder of the band Boston be facing off against Putin?