Putin bans criticism of the mercenaries propping up Russia's war in Ukraine

Originally published at: Putin bans criticism of the mercenaries propping up Russia's war in Ukraine | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Hell, why not just send a Wagner to assassinate the person who criticized them?

Oh yeah, Russia needs money for bomb manufacture. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

This is an example of the precarious juggling act Putin is playing with the rival factions that prop him up. It’s a warning and reminder to the military that in his view they’re no better than the warlords.

5 Likes

would stories such as this end up being illegal?

8 Likes

It’s a logical outcome that a brutal criminal regime should start providing official honours to brutal criminals.

10 Likes

“I don’t know why the others don’t agree,” she said of her neighbors in Darasun. “He went to protect us. To fight in another country so that they wouldn’t attack us. I don’t think they could have made it to Zabaikalye, but to Moscow, maybe.”

Darasun is on the border with China, so if she’s worried about being invaded she is looking in the wrong direction.

6 Likes

Insecure, or too secure from state eavesdropping?

8 Likes

And once you’ve got them in prison, you can “recruit” them to fight with Wagner…

8 Likes

At least until a scapegoat is needed. . . .

4 Likes

Does this mean that regular Russian troops, like Valery Gerasimov, could fall foul of this new law?

4 Likes

I’m only saying that getting shot to death a long way from where I have to deal with him was the best thing he could have done with his life because of my patriotic support for the special military operation! It’s effusive praise for one of our fallen patriots!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.