Watch Zelenskyy's message to Russian draftees: "If you want to stay alive — RUN"

Originally published at: Watch Zelenskyy's message to Russian draftees: "If you want to stay alive — RUN" | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Zelensky’s words may be blunt, but he’s still according Russian conscripts a lot more dignity than Putin is. A Ukrainian POW camp would be a step up.

17 Likes

Coddling your army so much that it suffers more casualties from enemy action than from exposure and disease is obviously just another facet of liberal degeneracy; the fight for traditional values is going to need to bring back typhus, not just keep gay pride parades at bay.

18 Likes

For true success, they need to re-purpose the disinformation they’ve been spreading to American anti-vaxxers into their own military.

8 Likes

Napoleon said “An army marches on its stomach”; a well-fed army is a superior fighting force.

16 Likes

Only the best for Russian mobiks: vintage rations!

10 Likes

things-on-earth-you-can-see-from-space

18 Likes

This kind of callous disregard for troop welfare is typical for the Crimea region… in the 18-fucking-50s.

11 Likes

In terms of tone of message, Putin has one note: Precise cold fear. Zelenskyy has at least a full chord.

12 Likes

So they may get food poisoning on top of everything.

5 Likes

That’s just tradition.

On the other hand, at Stalingrad they were fighting for their own survival.

2 Likes

When Zelenskyy mentions palaces and vineyeards he is alluding to Putin’s alleged palace and the properties associated with it.

4 Likes

I first thought he was alluding to Russia’s billionaires, many of whom have died mysteriously recently. True Putin has a palace or two, but the other items he listed suggested to me he was alluding to something else…like ‘you think you’re an important person? Think again, you’re just a big target’.

Putin allegedly owns several vineyards, which is why I think that Zelenskyy is talking about Putin himself as well as the oligarchs. He is talking to Russian soldiers, not oligarchs, and pointing out that they are fighting for an elite that has stolen the country’s wealth from them. They don’t own any banks or yachts or vineyards, so they have no stake in the system they are fighting and dying to protect.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.