Putin barely let Carlson speak, then humiliated him (video)

Same thing for me a while back. Dreamt of bears (and that for the first time ever) one early morning, woke up wondering, duh fu…bears, then half a minute later into the NPR radio program (my alarm is set for KCRW) they’re talking about bears. But then I thought, perhaps I dream about bears – A LOT – and just forget about them. :smiley:

5 Likes

Carlson… in genuine awe of Putin’s skill at avoiding direct questions and mauling history.

3 Likes

He did, actually. He by turns vilifies and lionizes Stalin, Lenin and others, sometimes within the same sentence, so that you couldn’t extract an actual position from his words if you tried.

I gather from Russian speakers that this is very much his MO – he rambles on in this sort of affected intellectual register, like he’s some well-read farmer who never had a personal opinion on anything, and it’s all understood by Russians as a winking joke that Western commentators wouldn’t get.

I suspect it will play well with Qanon types since it’s kind of how they talk too. But if you wanted to know what Putin thinks, listening to his words is the last way to find out.

8 Likes

He’s a spy. If you want to know what he thinks, don’t pay any attention to what he says. Don’t even pay any attention to what you see him do. Pay very careful attention to what just seems to happen around him.

19 Likes

Daily reminder that Tucker Carlson is a third rate talk show host, not a journalist.

11 Likes

also, he’s a fascist.

13 Likes

… Zelensky is a liberal

Q.E.D.

4 Likes

From now on I will refer to him as Такер Карлсон.

1 Like

Eventually he will fall, because everything falls. The important questions are how much more damage can he do before his fall, and what kind of Russian regime will replace him>

4 Likes

Very easy. Putin has crushed any kind of LGBTQ+ organizations or leaders there. They are even banning the Duolingo app for that reason, to give you an idea how far it goes. The far right admires that. I think that may be the only reason they have any admiration for him, but clearly that’s enough to get him some fans.

Which is kinda stupid because actually every country in Africa and every country in the Middle East except one has approximately the same attitude towards LGBTQ+ as Putin, but there’s not much far right admiration for Somalia or Qatar.

The other stupid about it is that while Putin may have crushed everything to do with LGBTQ+, the real problem in Russia is bad heterosexual behavior, which Putin hasn’t much addressed.

In case anyone can’t tell, I’m extremely anti-Putin and I hope he is out of power, out of Russia, and out of this world, sometime soon.

4 Likes

Another factor on top of what’s already been mentioned is that there’s a major shift in the American right away from conservatism and towards reactionaryism. They’re less defined by what they stand for and more by who they stand against. If progressives, liberals and leftists defend something, they attack it, no matter what their stance would have been beforehand.

15 Likes

Apparently, the connections between Christian Nationalists and the Russian Orthodox church go back to the 1970s…

5 Likes

I am reminded of the time Trump and Christie went to dinner ant Trump ordered for him.

3 Likes

When you say Horsa to me, I think of this:

6 Likes

Finally, a role for which Tucker is qualified.

7 Likes

I think there’s also a much simpler, and dumber, reason:

Biden and the Democrats support Ukraine.

Therefore, the GOP has to oppose supporting Ukraine, or TFG and his moronic cult of personality will turn on them.

11 Likes
2 Likes

5 Likes

Deploy the reverse psychology mind grenades !

5 Likes
6 Likes