Tucker Carlson mimics his Fox "writer" Vladimir Putin almost verbatim (video)

Originally published at: Tucker Carlson mimics his Fox "writer" Vladimir Putin almost verbatim (video) | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Re-Boing.

The information about his former writer is appreciated.

5 Likes

“Neff’s abhorrent conduct on this forum was never divulged to the show or the network until Friday, at which point we swiftly accepted his resignation,” Scott and Wallace wrote. “Make no mistake, actions such as his cannot and will not be tolerated at any time in any part of our work force.”

Really? I mean, yes, I consider it abhorrent, but this is the GOP’s bread and butter these days. They’ve been saying the quiet part out loud at least since 2016.

5 Likes

https://trashpanda-x.github.io/darklantern/#Blake%20Neff

2 Likes

Blow your nose, Tucker. It’s packed with dingleberries.

2 Likes

NB Lincoln Project

3 Likes

My problem with the Putin supervillain narrative is it’s a way for liberals to reassure themselves that the fascism isn’t coming from inside the house.

Putin and Carlson are both shitposting assholes, so they’re gonna say a lot of the same stuff for structural reasons. That doesn’t mean Putin is feeding lines to the US right (on culture-war stuff, it’s more the other way round).

Don’t get me wrong, once American demagogues decided Z-apologism would be a fun tröll, they did turn to Russian talking points. Because, what else would you find if you googled “why Russia was right to invade Ukraine lol”. But you don’t have to be a KGB mastermind to arrange this. You can be a crackhead rubber-pillow vendor. Just say some offensive button-pushing right-wing shit, and Fox will send a limo.

So when folks are all “how is this horrible Rasputin making decent Americans like Tucker Carlson say these things”, I don’t totally accept the premise.

6 Likes

Just because he’s laughing doesn’t mean Tucker Carlson is not on Putins’ side. That was the laughter of finally being able to admit he’s Putins’ lackey. He was relishing the moment.

1 Like

The influences flow in both directions. There’s a revolving door between the American right and Russia.

ETA:

4 Likes
4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.