Putin's inordinately long meeting tables mocked

The only useful purpose for a table that long is one kick ass buffet. Trying to have a meeting with that many folks a table is worse than useless. Another practical but unethical use? putting 50 temp consultant software developers working on laptops stuck in a conference room.

3 Likes

I think he has the length, but seems to be lacking in girth.

I know it is really only a movie thing, but I always love when they do a cross pan across a super large round conference table where every is sitting +10’ apart. I mean it works if you all have a mic setup, but you never see that in a movie or anime.

3 Likes

My completely unsubstantiated theory is that he had some brush with his mortality and is trying to clear out his bucket list starting with the Ukrainian invasion.

4 Likes

Are ridiculously long tables the new style choice of insecure despots? I suppose it is slightly less laughable than the more traditional choice of an overly decorated military uniform.

2 Likes

Seems like Pootin has his long tables just like Chrump had his stupid pull-you handshake crap.

If you’re not a commoner who can make up for personal inadequacies with an oversized pickup truck, you’ve gotta go with what’s available.

6 Likes

In Russia, table gasses you (down there, at that end).

If you’ve never been a crumbling despot, you have no idea how real a problem Apparatchik Stench can be.

2 Likes

Putin was supposedly vaccinated with the Russian vaccine back in March 2021 and also reported has received a booster.
doesn’t mean he isn’t paranoid about catching it or anything else though.

4 Likes

Every option is on the table?

3 Likes

Same thing with You Know Who’s weirdly long neckties.
SMS.
Short Man Syndrome.

That table’s so long, the other end doesn’t have cell phone service.

2 Likes

Characters in scenes like that are politicians and military officers—they know how to speak up

It was much cooler when Eddie Murphy did it.

3 Likes

Oh, those darned real estate photographers with their fancy lenses and all their tricks. It’s really just a tiny breakfast nook. You’ll be disappointed when you finally see the house in person.

5 Likes

Note that his chair/throne has the high backrest that his minions do not.

1 Like

No need.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(16)00144-6/fulltext

Po poisoning. Results of confirmatory analysis that became available after the patient’s death established the presence of 210Po at concentrations about 109-times higher than normal background levels. Post-mortem tissue analyses showed autolysis and retention of 210Po at lethal doses in several organs. On the basis of the measured amounts and tissue distribution of 210Po, it was estimated that the patient had ingested several 1000 million becquerels (a few GBq), probably as a soluble salt (eg, chloride), which delivered very high and fatal radiation doses over a period of a few days.

It’s in the same group as oxygen, sulfur, selenium, and tellurium. Probably not even close to being enough to impart that trademark stench, though

1 Like
1 Like

His hobby is judo, which is essentially highly weaponized pull-you handshake crap. No offense to judokas.
ETA:
Actually, props to Judokas for finally doing this, though it’s a day late and a dollar short. Putin suspended as honorary president of International Judo Federation | Reuters

3 Likes

The farce writes its own jokes.

Is there a lot of shouting in Putin meetings?

1 Like

There would have to be, huh.