Putin's party launches "straight pride" flag

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Predictably banal and ugly, like so much fascist art.

12 Likes

Parody version dropping in 3ā€¦2ā€¦1ā€¦

4 Likes

I donā€™t get the fuss. I see a happy lesbian couple and their kids on the flag and that screams pro-lgbt to me.

11 Likes

They copied it from a French flag (advocating much the same thing)

3 Likes

12 Likes

Straight-leg pride? Wearing certain clothes does not make you a specific sex! We discussed this just yesterday in the ā€œFacebook friends iconā€ topic. Obviously, Putinā€™s people havenā€™t read it. They really should try to keep up.

5 Likes

Iā€™m not trying to Godwin the thread, bit do you think folks had the same point-n-laugh attitude towards Hitler from 1934-1938?

6 Likes

Hitler-dropping in discussions of bona fide fascism is not Godwinning.

ETA: I think I discovered a new euphemism for pooping.

17 Likes

Well, there was the Great Dictator, which came out in 1940:

Plus, I seem to remember some Donald Duck as Hitler cartoons as well (from re-runs, not from being around the 30s and 40s)ā€¦ Iā€™d imagine thatā€™s a more general yes. I bet Punch, for one, had tons of Hitler parody type stuff.

9 Likes

Picard approves.

4 Likes

Hilter was bad ā€¦ but at least he killed Hilter.

17 Likes

Putinistas are as likely as not to regard Boingboing as a decadent liberal cesspool.

Thank goodness! I was afraid nobody would stand up for us poor straight people! And lookie, theyā€™re white!

11 Likes

We laugh now, but it wonā€™t be long before this same flag gets raised over the South Carolina state capitol building.

4 Likes

The french straights still get to have physical closeness, while in the russian straight pride flag, any notion of adult human contact has been murdered by children

6 Likes

also, the french woman has a trimmer waistline.

1 Like

Yes, it is curious how they Putin that extra child.

13 Likes

As a straight man, I was concerned when my temperature was a little high this morning. The thermometer said 99.8. Fortunately, Dr. Putinā€™s Almanack reassured me that as long as it stayed under 101, I didnā€™t have the Gay Fever.

5 Likes

(source)

13 Likes