This 'Putin as a gay clown' image is now illegal in Russia, so please do not share

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/05/this-putin-as-a-gay-clown.html

Is that the prohibited image? The article speculates that this may be the offending image.

In current Russia, it’s illegal to disperse “gay propaganda” and to “cast homosexuality in a positive light”. So… they can basically charge you for whatever.

In Soviet Russia, I don’t know, but expect it’d be even worse.

In anycase, Put-In is a homophobic thug and a murderer who uses the church to whip up populist outrage against people who aren’t doing anything to hurt anyone. You know. Like a despot.

It could well be this one.

Putin as what?

LA LA LA LA I CAN’T HEAR YOU

Oh, I’d very much like to do something with that rod.

But I lack the photoshop skills

But Gay Putin doesn’t seem to do that, from where I stand anyway.

Clown? More like emcee.

so please do not share

Livejournal's Russian owners announce new anti-LGBT policy, fandom stages mass exodus

And what ever you do, don’t share it to LiveJournal.

Gahhh!
That dead stare!
It will be haunting my nightmares!

I am not a fan of the multitude of “Putin and Trump smooching in drag” memes I see floating around. Yes, I get it, Putin’s using Trump as a puppet, they’re BFFs, etc. I’d think that would be damning enough without resorting to “…and they’re GAY!!” as if you’re in 5th grade trying to come up with the ultimate insult.

I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but I believe it’s because PUTIN finds it so insulting, not that the image propagator finds it so. I personally think anyone so vehemently against homosexuality is so far in the closet it must be harmful to them, so it’s only a humanitarian service to let them out.

Roger That!

I just went on Twitter and posted it and let everyone know they shouldn’t share it!

http://imgur.com/O0bHo1m

You’re into fishing? What kind of bait do you like to use?

Calling them gay in a derogatory sense is not the point. It’s satire (albeit not very subtle) of a guy who has the power to make his private dislike of a sexual orientation into law that discriminates and endangers millions of people.

you know I have an inactive but still good account there… sooo tempting.

We may get an answer to the age-old question, “what if the power of Rickrolling could be used for Good?”

I actually read an article about this very thing.