This 'Putin as a gay clown' image is now illegal in Russia, so please do not share

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/05/this-putin-as-a-gay-clown.html

6 Likes

Is that the prohibited image? The article speculates that this may be the offending image.

17 Likes

In current Russia, it’s illegal to disperse “gay propaganda” and to “cast homosexuality in a positive light”. So… they can basically charge you for whatever.

In Soviet Russia, I don’t know, but expect it’d be even worse.

In anycase, Put-In is a homophobic thug and a murderer who uses the church to whip up populist outrage against people who aren’t doing anything to hurt anyone. You know. Like a despot.

13 Likes

It could well be this one.

10 Likes

Putin as what?

LA LA LA LA I CAN’T HEAR YOU

1 Like

Oh, I’d very much like to do something with that rod.

But I lack the photoshop skills

12 Likes

But Gay Putin doesn’t seem to do that, from where I stand anyway.

10 Likes

Clown? More like emcee.

8 Likes

so please do not share

14 Likes

And what ever you do, don’t share it to LiveJournal.

7 Likes

Gahhh!
That dead stare!
It will be haunting my nightmares!

6 Likes

I am not a fan of the multitude of “Putin and Trump smooching in drag” memes I see floating around. Yes, I get it, Putin’s using Trump as a puppet, they’re BFFs, etc. I’d think that would be damning enough without resorting to “…and they’re GAY!!” as if you’re in 5th grade trying to come up with the ultimate insult.

24 Likes

I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but I believe it’s because PUTIN finds it so insulting, not that the image propagator finds it so. I personally think anyone so vehemently against homosexuality is so far in the closet it must be harmful to them, so it’s only a humanitarian service to let them out.

23 Likes

Roger That!

6 Likes

I just went on Twitter and posted it and let everyone know they shouldn’t share it!

http://imgur.com/O0bHo1m

10 Likes

You’re into fishing? What kind of bait do you like to use?

1 Like

Calling them gay in a derogatory sense is not the point. It’s satire (albeit not very subtle) of a guy who has the power to make his private dislike of a sexual orientation into law that discriminates and endangers millions of people.

3 Likes

you know I have an inactive but still good account there… sooo tempting.

3 Likes

We may get an answer to the age-old question, “what if the power of Rickrolling could be used for Good?”

3 Likes

I actually read an article about this very thing.

4 Likes